Chapter 9

Jenna was walking as far as she could from Ben and Audrey, but she stopped when she saw Evie behind the bleachers.

    "Hey Evie what are you doing back here..." Jenna started. She stopped herself when she saw Chad standing next to her. She hid next to the bleachers so they didn't see her.

    "Hey, I heard her wand is in some boring museum. Do they always leave it there?" Jenna heard Evie say.

    "I'd really like to talk, but...I'm just swamped.  Unless..." Chad said.

    "Unless?" Evie repeated.

    "If you could knock all my homework out along with yours, then maybe we could get together sometime.." Chad said.

"Oh please this is making me sick." Jenna said quietly.

    "Hang. Okay." Evie said.

    "Thanks, babe." Chad said.

"Yeah. Bye." Evie said. Chad walked away from Evie and when he passed Jenna. She immediately pulled him to the side to chat.

"Man our all the girls after me today?" Chad asked.

"Excuse me while I go puke!" Jenna said. "I pulled you aside because you better treat Evie better than you treated me!"

"Do you really think that I was into Evie? She is EVIL! Of course I don't want to hang out with her. I just wanted her to do my homework."

"You know you are way more evil than all of the villains combined." Jenna said. "I wonder if your parents are ashamed of you."

"No they are not. They love me."

"Okay whatever you say."

"You've turned into a totally different person."

"No I haven't you just were focused on my popularity than my personality." Jenna replied.

"Oh I know." Chad said. "You're right. I never cared about you. I only cared about how many friends you had."

"I'm so happy I saw the real you now because I no longer want to be known as your girlfriend. You make me sick." Jenna said, she walked away before Chad could say anything else.

~

"You really blew it with her,Chad." Miguel said.

"Yes I know." Chad replied.

"Do you really want her back?"

"I do."

~

Jenna walked around the tourney field only to find Jay talking to Coach Jenkins.

"Jenna!" Coach Jenkins screamed. "I have something for you."

Coach jenkins pulled out a jersey with her name on the back of it.

"Welcome to the team!" He said.

"Thank you coach! I don't know what to say." Jenna said, she takes the jersey and holds it close to her, "Thank you!"

"You earned it."

Jay came down off the bleachers to where Jenna was.

"I guess we are teammates now." Jay stated.

    "I guess so." Jenna said. She looked over to where Chad was standing, and saw he was staring at her and Jay.

    "Hey are you okay? You never answered that from earlier." Jay asked.

    "Not really." Jenna said.

    "I'm sorry. What even happened"

    "You won't understand."

    "Try me."

    "Well Ben and I used to date, but then Audrey came into the situation and forced Ben to break up with me. Then Chad and I...." Jenna started but Jay interrupted her.

    "That's awful, Audrey doesn't seem like a very nice person.  I totally understand why you are upset. From what I have seen Chad is a total jerk." Jay said.

    "First, thank you and second  I used to date that jerk."

    "I'm so sorry. Were you conned into it?"

    "No I actually really liked him until I saw what kind of person he really is." Jenna said. "He was only dating me because I was popular."

    "Man that guy is a total jerk." Jay said. "Well that guy doesn't know what he is missing."

    "Thanks Jay." Jenna said. "Well I'll let you go. Thanks for listening. I don't think my sister would have listened she mostly would have said I told you so."

    "Wait, how is good ol' Genie?" Jay asked holding her arm.

    "He is good..." Jenna stated, she saw Jay starting to smile, "No you can't have his lamp."

    "Dang it." Jay said. He started to laugh then Jenna started to laugh.

    "I haven't laughed like this in a long time. Thank you Jay." Jenna said.

    "Your welcome Jenna. Now I have to flash out of here." Jay said laughing. "Sorry bad joke."

    "It's okay. It was kind of cute." Jenna said. "You should probably get going then."

    "Right!" Jay said. He made a run for it before Jenna could say goodbye.