The Alpha Meets The Rogue - Favorite

Title: The Alpha Meets The Rogue

Author: xXdemolitionloverXx

Genre: Werewolf

Status: Completed

My Rating: Favorite

Review Originally Published: June 7, 2014

Checked April 28, 2017

Reads: 47.2M

Official Synopsis:

Leila lived with her pack all her life. It was until she was forced into an arranged marriage that she ran away from home. She turned into a rogue and while running away from an Alpha, she ends up kidnapped by another one. The exception for this was one: this Alpha was her mate.

Review:

* There are no man whores or ex-playthings in this book, and that was refreshing! The focus is on pack relations and politics other than the romance.

* Leila is strong in some ways, weak in others. She isn't perfect, which is good.

* Dylan isn't perfect either. He's possessive and commanding like all alphas, and he makes mistakes, again good.

* There are several restricted chapters with sex scenes. You must go to the restricted chapters story to read them. There are PG rated chapters in the book itself if you prefer. The restricted chapters are tastefully done.

* I like the way Leila starts to get her way with the controlling Dylan.

* The world of this story is the same as in "In Between Two Alphas" and some of the author's unfinished works. It isn't necessary to read both, but I found the connections cool. If you want to read both, I suggest reading IBTA first.

* The author wrote a short story alternate version about what would have happened if Leila hasn't run away before her wedding to Nicolas. I liked it.

* This book is insanely popular. I liked it, obviously – it's on the list. However, I do have some critiques:

* The characters don't get to know each other very well. By chapter 6, Leila has been with Dylan for a couple of weeks yet seems to be pretending to be someone else. We don't get to see any get to know you talks. Leila doesn't even say that they happened at all.

* Dylan tells Leila he loves her when he really doesn't know her yet.

For my fellow grammar sticklers:

* The grammar and spelling in this is very good. There are mistakes, but they are few and easy to overlook.