Title: Trashed & Treasured
My Rating: Favorite
Review Originally Published: December 9, 2014
Checked April 28, 2017
Jade Emmerson was born to two wolf parents but has a dormant gene that practically makes her human. When she found out Cameron was her mate she instantly thought he'd be her gateway to the wolf community, the bridge that connects her to a world she was born to be a part of but on the night of her best friend's party, he rejects her saying he will never be the mate she was hoping for. At the end of her rope and unable to deal with being an outcast any longer, Jade decides she's had enough and tries to end it once and for all only to be saved by a man who she believed to be human until a heated kiss result in him claiming her as his own. What happens when the rejected is claimed by someone else? [[Mostly PG-13 with warnings on R chapters]]
* This actually sat in my "want to read" pile for a long time because I don't like rejection stories. While this has a rejection in it, don't let that scare you away. The FMC doesn't end up with the idiot, and I'm not giving anything away. That is clear from the beginning of the book. Also, everyone agrees he's a jackass and has no power. That was really nice to see. I always say rejection stories suck because it means the characters are idiots, but it's okay with me when the rejecter isn't a main character and gets what's coming to him.
* The writing is really good. It's fast paced (in a very good way), but I get to know the characters. I feel like I know who Jade is. In Ch5, only maybe 12 hours had passed. She slept through some of those, but the rest were packed with important well written stuff.
* I love that the secondary characters are developed. They aren't afterthoughts. I frigging love her brother Jaxon!
* I felt things moved along at an appropriate rate. This book is rated R and when we got to the sex scene it seemed right. It wasn't vulgar. It was sweet and passionate, much more about emotions than physical sensations, but both were present. Overall, good job on that sort of scene. I really thought it didn't need to be rated R. There is only the one sex scene and the language used was PG13 to me (just my opinion). It has now been marked Mature. If the content didn't change, I don't think that setting is necessary.
* I liked the twists that came. They were different from other stories – always love to see something new!
* It has an actual ending. There is a sequel, Rare Treasure, which is on hold as of 12/9/2014, but I don't have to read it to find out what happens. Rare Treasure appears to have been updated this month (April 2017) but is still not complete. As I've said, I really hate being forced. On the other hand, if it was finished I would read it because the writing in the original is so good.
For my fellow grammar sticklers:
* Very good job. It isn't perfect but close and was very easy for me to read.
YOU ARE READING
Detailed Wattpad Reviews - WerewolfRandom
Not just a list, these are detailed reviews on completed werewolf stories here on Wattpad. Most include notes on grammar. These are my personal thoughts on stories I've read here. Feel free to disagree. I don't like many highly ranked stories with m...