Title: The Werewolf Next Door
My Rating: Good
Review Originally Published: January 2, 2015
Checked April 28, 2017
A/N: FOR MATURE VIEWERS. CURSING, GRAPHIC VIOLENCE, SEXUAL THEMES. WARNED!
Mia is your normal human eighteen year old, she worries about the mudane things. Now she'll have to worry about the dangerous, ill-tempered Adonis next door neighbor. Mercer Newman is a werewolf, not your normal Alpha, Beta, stuff. No, this is a story about the feral animals that lycanthrope are. Possessive, sexy, and jealous and he just keeps getting better.
A/N: I don't want to make this rated-R, because it is more MA-17. All the extremely juicy chapters will be rated-R and posted in a different "book" if you will. I will tell you the chapter before if there will be a adult themed chapter.
* This isn't your usual Wattpad werewolf story where they are like regular people but they shapeshift. These werewolves are monsters, killers, with animal instincts. Mia is kidnapped and kept in a room, tied up for a while, and kept from her family. Mercer is clearly not all bad, but he is going to change her against her will.
* If you have been looking for a monster werewolf story, this is one.
* This was me reading the book: Turns out the lead male has a "f--k buddy" who he still sees after he found his mate. Hate that! Skimming from here even though I want to stop reading! Okay! Wait! He frigging kills her! I want to read again :) Went back and started reading from initial skimming point (just a page or so).
* The warnings about it being for mature audiences are mainly due to the graphic violence. Personally I liked it. I have trouble killing insects in real life, but when an evil person gets a slow, gruesome, well deserved death in a book, I love it! :) The author puts warnings, and you could skip the most violent chapters if you have issues with that.
* Overall, Good. Could be a Favorite if it were edited. I love the story enough to make it a Good and recommend it even with all the mistakes, and that says a lot for me! If you are any worse about errors than me, you'll have to wait and hope she edits it.
* "The Vampire at the End of the Street", the next stand alone book in the series is not complete and hasn't been updated since 2015. TWND has a solid ending.
For my fellow grammar sticklers:
* Spelling errors are common but not enough to give me a headache. The author uses the wrong tense frequently and uses the wrong words (probably incorrect autocorrects). The author admits it needs editing. It's a testament to how much I liked the story that I was able to overlook this enough to finish – for me, that's really something!
* The author jumps from his and her points of view from paragraph to paragraph, which is considered bad form.
YOU ARE READING
Detailed Wattpad Reviews - WerewolfRandom
Not just a list, these are detailed reviews on completed werewolf stories here on Wattpad. Most include notes on grammar. These are my personal thoughts on stories I've read here. Feel free to disagree. I don't like many highly ranked stories with m...