Title: Burning Passion – A Mated Lovestory
My Rating: Good
Review Originally Published: June 28, 2014
Checked April 28, 2017
Zoe is a rogue who is forced to attend a school for werewolves for a year thanks to a new law. There she meets her mate, a certain Alpha who holds a grudge against all rogues. Will he get the life he has always craved or will his pride get the better of him?
* From the synopsis, I thought this was going to be a rejection story, but it's not. I hate rejection stories. If you do too, don't let that idea from the synopsis throw you off. These characters aren't that stupid. The synopsis is really only for the first chapter.
* I really like Zoe. She's a strong kick a$$ female lead.
* It sounds like Hunter might have been a player, but it's not a big part of the story, and at least he never slept with the villain girl! He actually finds her disgusting, which is funny.
* The story flows really well. The author creates suspense and anticipation, making us wait to get the answers we want. It could be irritating. Part of me wants to jump past the character's internal reflections on the situation to see what happens, but I stopped myself. I like this better than things happening too fast!
* This is a complete, fully contained story. The author has "Love Me Alpha" with 22M reads.
For my fellow grammar sticklers:
* Definitely has problems but is readable – half words, wrong words, and missing words, but I was able to figure it out when this occurred. General mistakes like wolves vs wolf's, "most deadliest" vs "most deadly".
* It goes back and forth between 1st person and 3rd person narrative, sometimes in the same paragraph. This happens less often after the first 20% or so.
YOU ARE READING
Detailed Wattpad Reviews - WerewolfRandom
Not just a list, these are detailed reviews on completed werewolf stories here on Wattpad. Most include notes on grammar. These are my personal thoughts on stories I've read here. Feel free to disagree. I don't like many highly ranked stories with m...