Chapter Fourty-Five

Start from the beginning

   "And the King, his father?" Futaba said.

   "No, remember we saw the portrait of his father in that hall. Since Anesa is the Princess her father, Celso, is probably the King," Morgana said.

   "Well, for now," Makoto spoke up. "We should find the boys. If Akira's presence affects the Palace more, he needs full protection,"

   Futaba had a blank face as the others spoke. Through her goggles she could see a map of the Palace—could see the location of something very dangerous that was rather close by.

   'Put the Queen at ease... put mom at ease...'

   Futaba stood up and ran out the room.

   "Oracle, where are you going?!" Morgana cried.

   Futaba ignored him and picked up speed. Tears were almost streaming from her eyes as she neared her destination.

   'Akira... you saved me from my mother... let me save you from yours...!!'

   It was there.

    A large demonic woman in a long white gown with black hair and cracked glasses. Around her neck was a thick rope stained with red, and even more ropes spread around her, waving like snakes. Futaba faced her with determination.

   "You're the Queen, aren't you?!" She cried.

   "THE PRINCE... THE PRINCE KILLED ME...bTHE HORRIBLE CHILD KILLED ME...!"

   "No he didn't! He didn't do anything to you! You did it to yourself because you were scared!"

   The Queen yet out an enraged yell, nearly knocking Futaba to the ground.

   "Oracle!!" The others had caught up, and were already drawing their weapons.

   "Oracle, get back, you're not armed it's too dangerous!!" Makoto cried.

   Futaba ignored her.

   "I know everything about you... I know you had an affair and that you were sick... I know you were trying to push Akira and Jonathan away, because you thought they couldn't make you happy! But you were wrong! They loved you, and mourned you—they loved you more than Anesa and Celso ever would!"

   The Queen let out a roar and attempted to slash at Futaba, but got blocked by Ann. Haru and Makoto rushed by to start attacking. Ann pulled Futaba back.

   "This isn't working, she's really powerful!" She cried.

   "We need to put the Queen at ease, we can't just attack her like this!" Futaba said.

   "We don't really have a choice now do we?!" Morgana cried out as he zipped by to help Haru and Makoto. Ann looked back at Futaba with a gentler look.

   "I'm sorry, but it's the only way..."

   She turned and went to fight. Futaba stood hopelessly as she watched her friends battle, getting ready to cry again.

   "No... there has to be another way... there has to be another..." She gasped when a thought came to mind.

   "That's it...!"

   Futaba immediately went to work on her laptop. Meanwhile, the Queen fought back wailing and screaming, making the thieves cringe at the sound.

   "It's so loud, my ears hurt...!" Ann yelled.

   "Don't let it stop you, push through it!!" Haru cried before charging.

   The Queen thrashed and sent Makoto and Haru into a wall. Soon after, Morgana and Ann were knocked back too.

   "STUPID CHILDREN... I'LL KILL YOU ALL... JUST LIKE HE KILLED ME!!"

   "LOOK, LOOK AT THIS!"

   Futaba made a bunch of large screens in the air. Each one showed images of Akira as a child—some of the pictures, his father was there too. Akira wore a warm, bright smile in all of them.

   "This..." Futaba began, "this right here... you really think a person like him would want to hurt his own mother...? Akira is... the sweetest, most caring person I know... he's always willing to help people in need, no matter how big their problem...! I wasn't even worth it, yet he helped me too...!"

   Tears fell down Futaba's face. The others were getting ready to cry too.

   "You... were so lucky to be the mother of such a wonderful boy..."

   The Queen was silent, analyzing each photo with her eyes. Then her form fell limp and she simply fell to the ground. She kept her head down, as if to hide tears on her face. Futaba slowly moved closer, and sat down on her knees before the woman.

   "Akira... Akira... you would never hurt me... you would never hurt anyone..."

   Futaba made a calm smile.

   "You may have done a lot of bad things... but you must have done something right. Because your son is an amazing person..."

   The Queen had a lighter aura and began to slowly fade away. Her voice lingered in the air, but was much softer and calmer than before.

   "My name was Byul Soojung... I had a daughter who's father was horrid... and a son who's father was in pain... I realize now... I should've given my son and his father more love... I thank you..."

   The Queen disappeared.

    "You did it..." Makoto was the first to speak.

   "You did it...!!" Ann came and pulled Futaba in a tight hug, soon being followed by the others.

   The youngest blushed and smiled, still with tears on her face. She couldn't believe it either.

   "That was amazing! How did you find those photos?" Haru asked.

   "Jaehyun said Akira's father used to be a photographer and he was always taking photos of Akira when he was little... I figured his mother just need a reminder of the beauty she made possible," Futaba made a melancholy smile.

   "That's my girl!!" Makoto hugged Futaba tightly.

   Morgana was staring off to another hall, with his ears perked up. He thought he could hear rather familiar voices from another part of the Palace...

   "Guys!" He called. "I can sense the others, they're close!"

   "What are we waiting for, then?" Ann grinned.

   "Then Queen is down, and the King is next!"