Chapter Thirty Nine

"Whoa!"

   Mishima sat up and looked around in shock. He saw warped stone walls everywhere. Ryuji pat him on the shoulder.

   "Don't freak out. It's Akira's Palace..."

   The girls were nearby with Morgana.

   "Why did Jaehyun put us in here so late?" Ann asked.

   "I think something happened. It must be urgent if—"

   An earsplitting sound cut Makoto off. Shadows garbed in black cloaks appeared all around them with white swords. The Thieves scrambled closer together when they became surrounded.

   "W-Where did they come from?!" Haru cried.

   "What the Hell is going on?!" Ryuji yelled.

   A few moved for a figure approaching. They all were caught by surprise when he came up.

   "Yusuke?!" Ann gasped. "Why are you here, Jaehyun didn't cross you over!"

   Yusuke stared at them unamused. Pure white angel wings were spread out behind him, his katana was in the scabbard at his side, and he was dressed in a fancy black tailcoat.

(A/N His clothes are similar to Sebastian from Black Butler)

   "You're all trespassers in my Prince's kingdom... I don't like when peasants like you are disobedient..."

   Makoto glared at him.

   "Where are Alice and Jack?! Did you do something to them?!"

   "Imprisoned. They disobeyed their prince and are now serving punishment..."

   "Th-They're practically children!" Haru cried. "Yusuke, think about this, what happened to you?!"

   The artist only scoffed.

   "I really ought to have you all imprisoned, maybe even executed..."

   "Yusuke, what the eff is wrong with you, snap out of it!!" Ryuji cried out.

   One of the shadows pierced his sword forward, as if warning Ryuji to be silent. The blond pressed himself more into the group. Yusuke glared and let out a breath.

   "Yes... I could execute you..." A dark grin was suddenly on his face. "... but that's just no fun for me~"

   A few laughs left his mouth as the insanity in his eyes grew.

   "Why not play a game? If you survive maybe I'll repay you with something~"

   A dark aura appeared around them, soon becoming darkness. The shadows dissolved into the inky black; Yusuke's glowing, gold eyes could be seen for a spilt second before disappearing.

   "What's happening?! What is this?!" Mishima cried, clinging to Ryuji.

   "Oracle, what's going on?!" Morgana shouted to the girl.

   Futaba was looking at her screens in a panic, her eyes couldn't be seen but it was obvious she was terrified.

   "I-I don't know! I can't figure out what this is!!"

   Suddenly a blue light appeared above them. More appeared in a row, as if they were in a corridor.

   "This is the Subconscious. It is the place of Prince Akira's deepest, and darkest fears..." Yusuke's voice could be heard; it was deep and distorted. "I rescued him here from a troublesome fear I was unable to contain myself. Figure out the fear that hurt my prince—the one that he fears most... and kill it... then you will be freed. But guess wrong... and his fears just might become your own..."