Chapter Twenty Six

"Look at this place..."

   The Thieves stood in the strange long hall full of different colored doors. Futaba stood close to Makoto, almost clinging to her.

   "This place is creepier on the inside..." She said.

   "Did you ever see inside these rooms, Fox?" Morgana asked.

   "No. The two little shadows distracted me, and I was awoken," Yusuke said.

   Ryuji was staring at a door that was bright yellow. Either he was crazy or he could hear... crying...

   "What's in here...?"

   Before anyone could protest, Ryuji opened the door. Inside was a small empty room with a projector screen. They all stepped in as words appeared on the screen:

  'Memory of Influence #57'

   The screen instantly flashed, now showing a tiny boy, about 5 years old, with fluffy black hair, sitting on the ground and crying. His knee had a bruise on it.

   "Is this... one of Akira's memories...?" Ann said.

   Another boy with silver hair, that looked slightly older than Akira came beside him and put a bandaid on his knee while singing a little song:

🎶 Baby brother don't be scared,
if you cry I'll be right there,
I will dry away your tears,
and keep you safe from any fear~ 🎶

   The other boy finished his song with a hug; by then, little Akira was giggling and smiling brighter than the sun. Then the screen went off.

   "That was so sweet..." Haru had a hand up to her mouth.

   "It's good to know someone was there for him when he was young..." Ryuji said smiling a little.

   "If I had to guess..." Yusuke pondered. "The doors all represent memories. The colors are meant to show what type. Yellow is happiness , blue is depression, red is rage..."

   "What could green and purple be?" Mishima spoke up.

   "Not sure... those colors can represent many things... it'd be better to see for ourselves..."

   Futaba peeked out the room. "Oh! Here's a purple one!"

   She hurried across the hall, everyone hurrying behind her, then she pulled the door open. The projector screen already powered up.

   'Memory of Influence #34'

   The screen showed little Akira, probably only 3 here, sitting on the floor in a bedroom playing with a bunch of stuffed animals while babbling nonsense to himself. A window in the background showed a dark, cloudy sky. Lighting and thunder instantly flashed. Little Akira squealed and ducked his head. He grabbed a funny looking cat stuffie and hid under a blanket with tears pinching his eyes.

   "Papa...!"

   His little voice went unheard. When more thunder crashed, little Akira hugged his stuffie tighter and scrunched into a ball under his blanket. The screen went off.

   "Purple doors are his scary memories..." Mishima said.

   Yusuke remembered Akira mentioning his fear of thunderstorms when he was younger. He wished they knew him at that age. He wished he could've gotten under that blanket with Akira, and hug him, and just make him feel safe...

   "I'm gonna find a green door!" Ryuji hurried out the room.

   "Skull! Don't just run around!" Morgana cried.