Chapter Twenty Four

"What's wrong with you?!"

   Anesa pushed her baby brother away when he grabbed her leg. Pico started to whine and squeal as he grabbed his sister again.

   "Oh, Pico~"

   Erin came and picked the baby up from the floor, holding tightly to keep him from throwing himself to the ground.

   "This little guy must be having separation issues~" She nuzzled him.

   "Well, I'm going out. I heard there's a really cool club and I feel like making some city friends~!" Anesa said.

   Erin looked suspicious for a moment, but let out a sigh.

   "Alright, but no messing with anymore gangs! And be back soon! I want a photo of you and Akira blowing out your candles together, just like when you were young!"

   Anesa turned away, gripping her purse and hiding a sick grin.

   "Ok. That sounds pretty nice. Just like old times~"

   She went out the door, and Pico really started to fuss; his face turned red and he began to kick and scream.

   "No sister, no!!"

   "What's gotten into you?" Erin sat the baby in his high chair and put a pacifier in his mouth.

   "I hope you're not getting sick... I'll make you some warm milk, ok bubba!"

   Erin went to the kitchen, leaving the baby by himself. Pico tuned his crying down to little whimpering and just suckled on his pacifier.

  If only he weren't a pathetic little baby. Maybe he could save his big brother from his sister...

————

   "This cake is so good!!" Futaba sat beside Makoto and Haru while munching on cake. Morgana sat in her lap with an annoyed face.

   "That sushi was really gross... that fish was so slimy, and the rice was sticky!" He complained.

   "I'd share this cake, but it's too delicious!" Futaba cried through a mouthful.

   "Don't eat too much, Futaba-Chan! You'll get sick," Haru giggled.

   Mishima stood nearby, looking toward the dance floor. Ann and Ryuji had gone to the small bar for drinks. A slow song had started playing, and Akira and Yusuke were dancing closely together among the other couples.

   "So, Akira has a bunch of mental issues involving family issues, right...? And that's why you're all gonna change his heart?" Mishima asked.

   "Yes. But it may be very dangerous," Makoto said sternly.

   "Yeah, dude. A cookie like you is gonna get your ass kicked pretty damn hard in the Metaverse," Futaba said.

   "Guys, come on! I know I don't have power like you guys, but I want to help, somehow! I won't get in the way, I'll just stay in the background!" Mishima had a pleading look.

   "This guy's pathetic..." Morgana mumbled.

   "Mona!" Haru sent a disapproving look to the cat. "We'd be happy to have your help, Mishima-Kun. You helped the Phantom Thieves a lot two years ago,"

   Mishima blushed and smiled.

   "Thanks, Okumura-San..!"

   Meanwhile, Akira and Yusuke went toward one of the small bars, to sit alone together and order a few drinks.