Chapter Fourty-Five

Hidden in another part of the Palace, feminine screams could be heard. Ann, Makoto, Futaba, Haru, and Morgana rushed through a long corridor in the Palace, surrounded by screams and intense tremors.

   "Where the Hell are the guys?!"Ann cried.

   "How should I know?! Jaehyun's the one that put us in here!!" Morgana squealed.

   "Oracle!" Makoto yelled to the youngest over the noise. "Is there a safe room nearby?! We need a plan!"

   "There! That room right there!"

   Futaba pointed to large double doors. Makoto reached it first and pulled them open. They all hurried inside; Haru was the one to pull the door shut. The room looked like a small operation room for patients.

   For a second, it flashed to a child's room full of toys

   "Geez, what was all of that?" Ann panted while leaning on the wall.

   "It's probably because Akira was brought into the Palace. Things have gotten much more intense here..." Morgana muttered. "But you guys aren't in your thief suits, so that has to be a good thing!"

   Futaba sat on the floor and looked around. Haru leaned on the wall beside her.

   "Hey, do any if you know what this place is in real life...?" She asked.

   "Oh yeah, I think Jaehyun said it's Akira's mothers' house," Futaba said while looking at her laptop.

   "Why's that?"

   "The abuse he suffered..."

   A deep voice rang in the air and the room darkened, startling everyone. Morgana jumped five feet in the air and landed on the table.

   "Who's there?!" He cried.

   "My master was dealt great pain in his mothers' home... it drove him to the brink of insanity and made him lose his mind..."

   "I think I heard that voice before..." Ann said.

   "The Palace becomes more affected when my Master is present in it. If you wish to save him, you need to make him feel safe... he no longer considers you a threat so you are one step ahead... now you must put the Queen at ease... then all you'll have left is the King... I wish good luck to you..."

   The darkness faded away.

   "Put the Queen at ease...?" Makoto repeated. "What does that mean...?"

   "I swear I heard that voice somewhere..." Ann said to herself.

   "Oh, I get it!" Haru exclaimed. "Here, Akira's Shadow is called the Prince. Remember his cognition of Anesa? She was called the Princess! So the Queen must be his mother!"