Chapter Twelve

"Good morning, boys!"

Erin greeted Akira and Yusuke with plates of delicious breakfast when they entered the kitchen. Pico was already in his high chair, pushing cereal around on his plate as he always did.

"Good morning, Erin!" Akira got his plate and sat at the table next to Pico.

"Good morning, Miss," Yusuke gave a light bow to her.

"Aww, so formal! You can just call me Erin, sweetie! You're a member of our little family now!"

Yusuke smiled before getting his plate and sitting beside Akira. The raven haired boy was trying to get Pico to eat his cereal, but the baby only laughed and covered his mouth. Yusuke couldn't help but smile at the sight. Akira was so sweet with children...

"Is that girl still asleep...?" Erin went to the bottom of the stairs. "Anesa! Get down here or I'm throwing your breakfast away!"

"HOLD ON I'M RENDERING SOMETHING!!" Was Anesa's response.

Erin rolled her eyes and picked up the Anesa's plate and put it in front of Pico.

"Want more food, bubba?"

Pico clapped his hands and giggled. Akira smiled at his baby brother and kissed his cheek. Yusuke smiled too.

"Alright, I need to hurry to work. Akira, are you ok with babysitting?" Erin asked.

"Yeah, that should be fine!"

"Ok, I'll see you guys later!" Erin gave another smile before grabbing her purse and rushing out the door.

"So, I guess Pico we'll be with us while we move your stuff today," Akira said to Yusuke.

"That's alright. Your brother seems like a very well behaved child," Yusuke said. "And... you're so good with him..."

Akira smiled softly and touched his baby brothers' cheek.

"I guess... with the ballet classes and Pico, I just got used to being around small children..."

Yusuke started to blush.

"I bet... you'd be a wonderful parent someday..." He said.

Akira found himself blushing. He slowly held Yusuke's hand, intertwining their fingers; Akira didn't break eye contact the whole time. Yusuke started to lean in, but a yell was heard right before their lips sealed.

"Ok, I'm done!!"

The boys separated as soon as Anesa charged downstairs.

"Where's my cereal and bacon?!"

"There," Akira pointed at Pico, who had already made a mess of the food.

"Oh, god damnit!" Anesa groaned and folded her arms; she leaned on the counter and made a bit of a face "Well, whatever. I bet there's some places around here with really good breakfast..."

"What were you doing anyway?" Akira started to clean Pico's face. "Is it another creeper video of some guy you started stalking?"

"Oh no. Something better~"

Anesa wandered close to them with a bit of a smirk. She leaned by Akira and spoke in a sly tone.

"Heyyy, Akira~? I need to borrow $100 dollars. Where's your money?"

"What the hell?! No! What do you need it for?!" Akira cried.

"Not gonna tell you. Just tell me where your money is so I can go!"

"No!" Akira yelled.

"... Ok then... give me the money or..."

Anesa took out her phone and looked around for a second, then she showed Akira the screen. Yusuke felt something snap inside, he instantly knew what was going on.

"I'll post this online, and send it to as many people as I can. How about that?"

Akira had wide eyes. He was starting to sweat and he kept glancing at Yusuke. Then he shut his eyes and forced his words out.

"It's in a jar under my bed..."

Anesa smiled bright and hugged him.

"Aww, thanks big bro~!"

She went to Pico and pulled him out his high chair.

"How about we get you some clean clothes ya' wittle breakfast thief~! You wanna spend the day with your big sister~! Of course you do~! I'm takin' him with me~!"

Anesa went upstairs, holding Pico and humming to herself. Yusuke turned to Akira and touched his shoulder.

"What was that, what did she just do?"

Akira didn't speak. But what happened next was completely new to Yusuke. His lip trembled, his face turned red, and tears were starting to fall down his cheeks.

"Akira...?" Yusuke grew worried.

"Yusuke..." The raven looked up at him. "Please don't ever leave me..."

He was starting to really cry.

"P-Please don't leave, I d-don't want to lose you...!"

Yusuke hugged Akira tightly, shushing him quietly. Akira had always been bold and silent. The artist had never seen him completely break down and start crying... but now that he'd seen Anesa hurt her brother, Yusuke knew he'd do anything to protect Akira...

Anything...