Chapter Twenty Three

It was at a club where they met up. Ryuji got there with Mishima early. Ann, Haru, and Makoto were a tad late, because Futaba was a little nervous about the club full of people, but was able to get over it quick.

   "So this is the place? It looks expensive!" Futaba said.

   "Sis was able to pay for us," Makoto said. "So we can have all the fun we want tonight before we go to Akira's house,"

   "Geez, Kurusu-Kun is 18 already... I feel like a kid compared to him, I wish my birthday would hurry up!" Mishima made a grin.

   "Really, Ryuji, why'd you bring him? You know he can't exactly... help out..." Futaba said in a bit of a rude tone.

   "Yeah, well... about thaaat..."

   All eyes were suddenly on the boys.

   "What did you do, Ryuji?" Ann said sternly.

   "Ryuji told me about all the Metaverse stuff, and said I could join you guys. I wanted to understand it all better so I could really get the Phantom Thieves, and help Akira!"

   "RYUJI!!"

   Makoto suddenly snapped at the blond boy and Haru smacked him upside the head.

   "Ow! What?!" Ryuji rubbed his head. "I had to tell him guys! Mishima has been a lot of help to us! I know he's got the potential!"

   Futaba giggled and made her evil face.

   "I can't wait to see how Mona will chew you out for this~!" She said.

   "Oh, there he is~!"

   Ann squealed and pointed forward. Yusuke was walking up with Akira, the artist held a bag with Morgana inside.

   "Happy Birthday!!"

   Everyone instantly wrapped Akira in hugs and kisses on the cheek, making him blush and make a shy smile.

   "Thanks guys..."

   "Well what are we waiting for, let's get to dancing~!" Ann beamed and hurried into the club.

   Inside, music played loudly, lights flashed around, and people were having fun and dancing.

   "Haru and I are gonna find a table! We'll be around the back!" Makoto cried over the loud music.

   Akira didn't seem to be paying attention to anyone. He was hypnotized by the colorful lights and music.

🎶 Momentary pain,
Can be pleasure lain,
Millisecond change,
Magic lantern strange
Are we just too far,
to be as one again?
Are we obsidian?
Is this how it is? 🎶

   "Geez, this place is pretty nice!" Ryuji was looking toward the dance floor.

   "Sure you're not talking about the girls~?" Ann giggled and put an arm around the blond, and causing Futaba to laugh.

   "Haaa! We caught you~!"

   They got so wrapped up in their jokes, they didn't seem to notice Akira slowly moving toward the dance floor.

🎶 Girl, your life will turn
Just like a strobe
'Cause you're daddy's pain
And your mother won't
And your heart engages,
into heartless throes
Are we obsidian?
Is this how it goes? 🎶