Chapter Six

"Aiden! Ethan! I am going to fucking kill you guys”. The boys actually had the audacity to wake me at 7am by pouring water all over me. That’s just cruel. I am going to kill them.
They were running around the house screaming their heads off like kids and I, as the mature person I am, was chasing them and screaming profanities at them while the other pack members watch and laugh. They were used to our antics.
We had just rounded the house to the courtyard when a hand wrapped around my midriff pulling me towards the person. The tingles made me aware that it belongs to my mate but nope  ”don’t even try to convince me otherwise”. The boys stopped a few paces in front of me and were blowing raspberries at me. I gasped in outrage and struggled harder, the arm not budging. "You're not allowed to kill your gammas Rylee", my mate and husband said, amused.
I was still struggling when my eyes caught the pool and I ceased my struggles, a mischievous smile on my face. On seeing my smile, Aiden stopped “uh oh”. They turned to run away but I levitated them and dumped them in the pool and leaned back into my mate with a satisfied smile as they shouted at me in anger.
“No fair, you aren’t supposed to use your powers”. Now it was my turn to blow raspberries. My mate chuckled “yall act like kids” “well keep your gammas under control”
Right okay, before we go further, let me fill you in on how my life has been. Its been 3 years since I left Red Moon. I and Jax completed the mating process within six months of my being here. I know I know, but you can't blame me, the bond was really strong. But I can assure you I've had no reason to regret choosing him. And I would choose him over and over again.
We also have a kid, Austin Myles Millers, he's adopted. We had gone to fight some far gone rouges who crossed our border, his parents were found mauled with him weeping beside them. It took a year before he was able to talk and interact with us and I just couldn’t leave him alone. He was 5 at the time. Now he's 7 and he's one of the happiest kids you can ever meet although he's too mature for his age but he's perfect. He asked if we could officially be his parents when he was 6 and now he's baring the Miller name with pride.
Over the years I found out that I had powers. It was strange and unnerving. No werewolf had powers. But then no werewolf had a crescent moon lighting up their forehead. We've searched records and libraries but we've found nothing. In the meantime, I learned to control my powers. So far, I've discovered and mastered levitation, teleportation, telekinesis and I also have control over the elements although fire just isn't working out. It feels like trying to control fire would unlock something deep inside me and I'm scared to even try.
Jax bent to whisper in my ear "we need to talk". I nodded slightly and waved at the boys before turning and leading the way to his office.
We entered and he sat at his big boss leather chair while I sat in front of him but placed my legs on the table in front of him. Normally when I do that Jax would shake his head and smile but right now he's totally faking the smile on his face making it look like a grimace instead.
"What's wrong?" I asked immediately. He looked at me somber and said "orders came in from the Alpha King, we're to go and form peace treaties with a couple of packs in our region"
I nodded slowly "but what's the problem?", he winced slightly and replied "Red Moon is one of the packs we're going to"
I blinked, once, twice, my breath starting to go heavy. I'm going back there? He's taking me back there? I clutched my throat as I started to wheeze.
I felt arms coming around me "baby, Rylee, breathe with me, cmon, breathe with me, there you go. Feel my chest expanding and deflating with each breath, come back to me baby". He had placed my hand on his chest and I felt it as it moved and I focused on it, let it bring me back.
I took a deep gasping breath and held on to Jax. He held me against his chest as he said "You are my mate, my love, my life, my Luna, the mother of this pack, I would never ever let you go, it's not compulsory you came with, okay? I just thought you needed to know about it"
I pulled out of his arms and dropped my legs so I could properly lay my head on the table. I took a deep calming breath as I did, focusing on his hand which had found its way to my back.
Finally coming to a conclusion, I sniffed and raised my head pushing my hair out of my face. I looked my mate in the eyes as I said "I'll be going with you, I'm tired of being affected by this, I need to get over this, over all of this and move forward. Think we have the time for one more stop?"
My husband looked at me then smiled while nodding "Definitely"
We talked some more before I finally got up so I could stop distracting him and left his office.
"We leave tomorrow morning by the way" he shouted after me. And I smiled without looking bad 'oh this would be good'.
On my way to my room I decided to check on Myles and met him eating in the kitchen like there is no tomorrow. "Hey kiddo" I greeted him ruffling his hair. He moved out of my grasp laughing "mooommmm, stop ruining my hair"
"I'm never stopping" I replied with a smile then continued "did daddy tell you we are going on a little trip?" "yes mom" "alright good, I'd pack your stuff with mine okay?". He nodded and replied "thanks mom" and went back to his food.
I continued on my way and met Isa heading my way "hey b, where you heading?" "To beat D's ass up" she said with a straight face. I laughed "Isabelle, what did Daniel do this time?" "I'm gon give you the full deets but rn I got a mate to turn to bacon". "Um, okayyy…" I said as I watched her storm past me.
I shrugged and continued on my way up mindlinking the twins on the way "yo boys, come help me pack please?". After a few seconds Ethan replied with "we'll be up in a few". Then we got ready.