Chapter Eight

I and my pack mates took little to no time in settling in. By 6pm, the gang was complete in our room with our link open to the twins as we goofed around and laughed.

By 5;30am, everyone was awake and out for a run, we ran the whole boundaries of the pack in less than an hour and convened back at the pack’s backyard then moved to the rest of our workout. After completing a set of arm, chest and abdominals, we moved to sparring.

By 7;30am, the moonlight pack were awake and out looking at us in awe and bewilderment at the aggressive energy pouring off us all. I and Isa were tag teaming Jax while Daniel trained Trey and I just love how well Trey was doing with his training. After a few more minutes, we all tapped out to take a breather, Isa already gave up like 15 minutes ago claiming we were trying to kill her. I laughed deviously ‘drama queen’. Soon it was 8am and we all went to shower and get ready for the treaty signing and what not.

At 9am, we were escorted to the conference room to meet with Alpha Blake and his people. We all sat down with 2 guards behind I and Jax and another 2 behind Isa and Daniel, 1 was outside the conference room, 1 outside the building, 1 outside our line of rooms and 1 with Myles.

We began negotiations with Jax seeking my opinions on some things. The meeting went quite fast because there wasn’t much to correct from the old treaty. We were rounding up when Blake spoke up “I would like to... ask for a favor”, he said almost reluctantly. Jax cocked a brow “yes?”

Blake paused a bit, squirming on his seat, which was very irritating and annoying to see on an Alpha. “We’d like you to train our warriors for us, just for 2weeks before you go. Our trainer is out of commission for a while and the warriors are getting sloppy and after seeing you seeing you this morning, I was hoping you could help”.

Jax stared straight at him for a few second then asked me in our mindlink “you cool with it?” I didn’t respond but gave an imperceptible nod. Then Jax said to him “well you’d have to ask our pack trainer if she’d want to” “She?” Blake asked in disbelief, “yes, she” Jax retorted and Daniel spoke up “Luna Rylee is our pack trainer and has been for years, she’s in charge of our training regimen and we’ve been undefeated for years.”
“Yes, but her? Are you sure? I think I can take her in a fight” Blake complained

I looked at him with a blank expression “you wanna bet? Blake scoffed and stood up “where and when” I didn’t move from my seat but followed his ascent with my eyes with my gaze locked on his and responded “right now, in the field”. There was an open field just outside the packhouse used for ceremonies and gatherings, it was perfect. Blake stuttered “N-Now?” “Yes, now” and I said and stood up, Jax and our pack in tow and started towards the field.

Third Person POV
The sun would have been merciless in the open field but gratefully the weather was cool and calm and they were going to fight in wolf form. Rylee stood confidently, her pure white fur gleaming. Opposite her, Blake appeared looking dumbstruck, right, he didn’t know she shifted. But despite his surprise, he still looked smug and arrogant. Rylee smiled a small wicked smile and thought “it’s okay, I’d just have to beat that attitude out of him.

Beta Female Isabella was the referee for the fight and after a few agonizing minutes of wait, she gave the call for the fight to begin.

Rylee barely gave Blake time to react, she didn’t intend for this fight to take too long, she had more important things to do, like sipping margaritas with Isa. In a flash, she lunged, her powerful jaws snapping shut on his flank and in a strong move, threw him powerfully to the side. Blake stood up powerfully on his paws, shaking his head as he tried to shake off the creeping fogginess, the fear that he might lose made his heart beat a little faster. He rushed at her, hoping to use her same strategy on her but she simply sidestepped him making him faceplant the floor because of his speed.

Soon a tense dance of power and strategy unfolded as they circled each other. Rylee’s strikes grew more calculated, fast and efficient. All the audience who had gathered could see was a blur of white around a much slower brown.

She wouldn’t lie, the alpha blood in Blake ran true based on the sheer level of strength, however, she could bet he’s never been in a situation like this before or in battle where you need to be smart or you’d lose all the energy you came with fast and that was going to cost him. They stood still, Blake panting heavily, his movements sluggish. Rylee, although fatigued, maintained her composure.

In a final surge, Rylee feinted to the left and then lunged to the right, catching Blake off guard. She pinned him to the ground, her strong paw at his throat, Blake gaped at her just as Isa shouted “Luna Rylee wins”

First Person (Rylee) POV
I pulled myself up and ran to the end of the field filled with trees to shift back and change. My mate had helped me put clothes there earlier. After changing, I walked out to meet Jax grinning widely as he pulled me firmly to him and gave me a hard kiss. We pulled apart and he said “God, I love you, you are so amazing”

We heard footsteps coming towards us and I turned in Jax’s arms to look at the Alpha walking towards us. I schooled my features to the looking somewhere close to boredom and haughtiness and cocked my brow in expectance. Blake sighed and looked up at us, his eyes expressing respect, pain, regret and a growing determination...the combination confused me but I managed to keep the look off my face.

“Luna Rylee, please, would you save my pack and train our warriors? I’m very sorry for undermining your authority and challenging you. Please, help us.”
Jax  wrapped his arm around my midriff, his presence giving me the answer “2 weeks, no more, no less, 5-7 on weekdays, 12-3 on weekends is one minute late would bear the consequences and that includes you Alpha. Here, there’s no rank, I’m the one in charge, are we clear?”
With the look of great pain, he nodded and I smiled “I’m giving you the rest of today but I expect everyone in the field including teenagers and adults up to 50 on the field at 5 tomorrow, don’t be late” then we left.