▪22▪ Day 6 pt. 4

I tripped down the stairs a bit and fell to the bottom. I looked back up the door and I heard footsteps running towards the door. I looked up at the door with wide eyes and it opened a bit. Someone peaked in and the light shinned down beside me. They looked over at me then closed the door. The door locked and I took in a deep breath.

It was my first time being in the basement. Like most rooms in the house I was never aloud down here.

▪~~~~~Flashback~~~~~▪

I approched the basement door and reached out for the handle. I felt someone rip me back and I flew to the ground. I looked up and my dad was standing infront of the door. He slammed the door shut and locked it. I got up off the floor and dusted myself off. He turned to face me and his eyes were stone cold. I quickly backed away from him and he began moving forward.

"I-Im sorry.." I pouted.

He backed me up into a wall and picked me up by my collar.

"Don't ever go down there again." He said coldly.

I nodded my head really quickly and he let me go. I fell down to the ground and coughed. He stormed out of the hall and I was left with nothing but my tears.

▪~~~~~Flashback~~~~~▪

I got up off the floor and looked around me. I couldn't see much. I put my hand against the wall and began feeling for a light switch. I walked further in and stopped. I felt something at my feet. I kicked it a bit and I fell over. My heart started racing fast and I started looking for a switch. I finally felt a light switch and I turned it on. I looked over at the floor and noticed I knocked over a bucket. I took in another deep breath and tried to calm down. I looked around me a bit more and noticed only a little bit of the room was lit up. Only the spot I was in. I sat down on the floor and looked around me. I could see something in the corner of the room. I got up off the floor and walked over to it. I could see a chain. I walked over to the chain and began pulling at it. I stepped back a bit and touched the wall. I felt another switch and flicked it on. I turned over to the side and screamed in horror. I looked up at the chain and started to look down. I saw an arm attached to the chain and I looked further down. There was a body attached. I heard the door of the basement slam open and I turned around. My father rushed down the stairs with guards behind him.

"Y-You moster.." I stuttered.

He began to laugh like a mad man and he smiled at me. I shivered in fear.

I looked back down at the person and noticed blood everywhere. She had a knife stabbed into her stomach and I felt myself getting sick.

"Mom..." I mumbled.

I turned back to Zack and he was smirking.

"Why..." I said tears falling from my eyes.

"Because she was geting in my way." He laughed.

"How could you kill your own wife." I cried.

"Why do you care!" He yelled.

"She was my mother you dumbass!" I replied.

He walked over to me and picked me up by my collar again.

"Did you ever care for her." I gulped.

"Did I ever care about you?" He asked me raising an eyebrow.

"No.." I replied.

"Then theres your answer." He grinned.

He threw me to the floor beside my mother and I coughed up blood. I heard more footsteps begin to walk down the stairs and I looked over.

It was Laurence.

He walked over to Zack and Zack turned around.

"Where the hell were you." He yelled.

"She knocked me out." Laurence said rubbing his head.

Zack took in a deep breath.

"How in hell did you get knocked out by a tiny girl like that?" He yelled.

"I don't know." Laurence replied.

Zack groaned and walked over to me. I walked up to wall and hid my face in my hands.

"No.." I pouted.

Zack grabbed my hair and picked me up. I squealed in fear and he threw me to the floor. Laurence walked over to me and I could see a devilish smirk on his face. He grabbed my hair and I screamed.

"Laurence what the hell." I growled.

He grabbed me by my collar now and lifted me up.

"What are you doing." I growled.

Zack looked at Laurence and smirked. He rubbed Laurences head and Laurence seemed satisfied.

"Hes like the son I never had.." Zack said smiling.

I smacked Zack across the face and Laurence threw me to the ground. He stomped on my face and I growled.

"This isn't love.." I replied.

He looked down at me with cold eyes.

"Ill never love any of you." I growled.

"No daughter of mine will speak to me that way!" He yelled.

"I have no father." I said emotionless.

He walked over to me and kicked me in the face.

"You don't get to chose." He yelled.

Zack backed up and began to walk up the stairs. The guards followed after him and I looked over at Laurence. Laurence looked down at me with cold eyes and picked me up. I shook in fear and he smirked.

"This is exactly what I want." He replied.

"Mom.." I mumbled again.

"Shut up.." Laurence growled.

I whimpered and he began to walk upstairs. I looked back at my mom and Laurence closed the door behind us. He walked back upstairs and went into my room. He placed me down on my bed and walked over to the door. He closed the door and locked it. He walked back over to me and I quickly got under my covers. I hid my face and I felt Laurence touch my neck. I shivered and felt something stab my neck. I looked up at Laurence and he stabbed a needle in my neck. I growled and I felt my eyes close. I closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep.