Chapter 8

*Narrator's POV*

Lancelot knocked on the study's door and they heard a faint 'come in' on the other side and both of them went in. Their father was just finished arranging some papers when the two of them walked in towards the dim lit office.

"You wanted to talk to us father?" Guinevere asked while King Leonin nod his head and told Lancelot to close the door and lock it so that no one shall interrupt them as to which Lancelot obeyed his father and locked the door. The Baroque siblings took a seat across from where their father was as there was uncomfortable silence until their father speak up

"How have you two been the past years?" He began while both Guinevere and Lancelot stayed quiet as they heard him sighed and stood up. Now he was in front of them both. Lancelot and Guinevere were avoiding eye contact but they looked up at what their father said to them.

"I'm sorry." King Leonin sincerely said immediately catching the attention of both Lancelot and Guinevere as they now made eye contact with him, both clearly shocked because of what he said.

"What?" Guinevere slowly asked, her tone was still unsure if she heard their father right. They both know how their father won't apologize unless it was seen by the naked eye but for him to apologize out of the blue was not new to the Baroque siblings. King Leonin then sighed and apologized again, and this time he was kneeling to both of them which left both Lancelot and Guinevere, leaving them speechless.

"My son, my daughter. Forgive me for what I have done and all those things I have did to both of you ever since you two were small. I wasn't thinking clearly and didn't saw the most important thing all these years ago. I only saw success, power and wealth. I wanted to be best and can live up to their expectations and standards without thinking the path ahead were indeed bumpy and cold. For all those years, I wanted to turn time and pull myself back, not knowing what the future holds. I only ask your forgiveness, as a person and as your father. I should have guided both of you in a way that fathers would guide their children. And for that, I am truly sorry." He sincerely said while he didn't notice that his tears was already streaking down his own face.

On instinct, both Lancelot and Guinevere hugged their father and King Leonin hugged his own children back, their emotions both colliding through their hugs as both Lancelot and Guinevere felt the warmth and the serious regrets that their father has over the years that they were gone.

"Father, all me and Guinevere ever wanted was to make you happy. We both want to put the past behind us and wanted to reconcile with you. We're sorry for what we did and we now see that we have done you and mother wrong." Lancelot said while they stayed in their hugged position on the ground. They then let go of one another as Guinevere was twiddling her fingers then speak up.

"Father. What I did before you and the royal court- declining the fixed marriage and embarrassing you in front of-" Guinevere started while they both heard their father chuckle.

"Oh my little blossom, what you did that day didn't offend me. Yes it angered me that you decline the marriage proposal. You and your brother did the one thing that I never have done when I was your age back then." He admitted to them while his children looked at him questionably.

"And what was that father?" Guinevere asked curiously.

"I never got to question the ways on which both of my parents had poured upon me. I never rebelled against him, like how you and Lancelot did to me. You both opened my eye and made me reflect back, and for that I am truly grateful." Sir Baroque said while the three of them shared another hug.

Meanwhile, outside of the study room, the heroes and heroines were very worried about the Baroque siblings and wish to see or even hear what on earth is happening in there.