chapter 19

Camila PoV

I walked into the chemistry room, excited to see Jake. I didn’t have the guts to call him last night, but i knew i could talk to him today. This was my plan to get back with Lauren..but at the same time i found myself getting butterflies in my stomach around Jake.

I saw down at our lab table, and spotted Lauren and Vero walking my way. i couldn’t help but admire Lauren as she walked my way.

"Done checking us out yet?" Vero said as she sat next to me.

"Actually i was only checking out Lauren" I said back, but immediately regretted it.

"So you are gay?" Vero stared at me.

"Maybe. And i’m still not checking you out. Looks like you aren’t as hot as you think you are" I whispered back. I can’t believe i said that..since when have i been able to stand up to people? Maybe being on the island so long with Lauren gave me a back bone.

Vero didn’t say anything, and i smirked at her. She rolled her eyes and kicked my shin as she turned in her chair.

"Oops" She said sarcastically. My shin actually hurt from the kick. Bitch, how about i slap you in the face and say oops. That’ll show you.

"Bitch" I murmered.

"Camila" Lauren said, i looked at her eyes and gulped.

"What?" I asked her.

"I was just wondering if you could get my pencil, it rolled under the table, but i can get it" She leaned down and crawled under the table, i did the same thing.

"So are you never going to talk to me again?" I blurted out as we looked at each other, both on our hands and knees, under the lab table.

"Camila..i can’t. Not here at home".

"Why? You loved me Lauren! Love is everywhere you go..you can’t just leave it on the island" I felt my throat burning.

"I’m not really in the mood to talk about this under a table" She picked up her pencil and was soon gone.

I then felt Vero’s boat kick the side of my head and i stood back up.

"What the hell?" I pushed Vero’s shoulders and she almost fell off the back of her chair.

"Getting feisty" Vero winked at me, and i swear i wanted to pummel her. They way she mock flirted with me….i could really injure this girl.

"Hey girlssss" Jake’s voice rang throughout my head. I immediately smiled.

"Jake! Hey" I responded quickly, Lauren giving me an odd look.

"Camila!" He said, acting as excited as me. I giggled a bit and he sat down.

"What are you two so happy about" Lauren snapped.

"Just happy to see each other" Jake smiled brightly.

The rest of the class went well, we worked hard on our lab, and Vero barely said anything to me with Jake around to guard me.

Lauren PoV

I fumed as i saw Jake sit with Camila in the cafeteria. Since when had then been so friendly to each other?

"Looks like somebody is trying to steal your guy" Vero elbowed me and nodded in their direction.

"Jake probably just wants an easy fuck" I responded, angry at Camila.

"Yeah, so why did he choose the girl who is most likely to have some weird STD" Vero laughed. "She’s so grimy".

"She’s a virgin, and she’s not grimy" I came quickly to Camila’s defense. This is what i was used to.

"Why are you defending the bitch?"

"I was stuck on an island with her Vero! We had a strong friendship ok". I told her.

"Are you sure nothing was going on..like did you guys…ya know" Vero said.

"No!" I pushed my food away.

"You know, if i were to ever fuck a girl, i might choose her" Vero cocked her head to the side and watched Camila.

"You just called her grimy" I rolled my eyes, wanting to punch her. Camila was mine. Or was she?

"I was trying to make you feel better about Jake being with somebody else" She shrugged.

I sighed and took out my phone.

"Want me to go take care of the situation?" Vero asked.

I shook my head, not really hearing what she said. I then saw her get up and walk towards Camila, her milk in her hand. Wait…oh god. No no no no no no.

It was too late Vero was standing next to Camila, i quickly walked over.

"Hey Camila" Vero taunted.

"What do you want?" Camila’s eyes looked at the milk and then back at Vero.

"Don’t, leave her alone" I pleaded, Vero poured the milk on Camila’s lunch instead.

"God, you looked so scared" Vero said to Camila.

Camila’s face was red as the people at the table watched for her reaction. She stood up and came face to face with Vero. Vero clenched her fists and I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her away.

"God Lauren, things were just starting to get fun" Vero whined.

"Lets ditch this place" I glanced at Camila one last time and we walked away.

Something about the way she looked at me stuck with me. She looked so pained. I was her protector on the island, i should be defending her now. But instead i was the reason for her pain, i was the reason she needed a protector.

I need to get my baby back. I don’t know how..but i need to. I then thought of Jake. He was my best friend, but he was in for a world of pain. I wasn’t letting go of Camila without putting up a fight.

Camila PoV

I walked home, Jake next to me. He decided to walk me home, he was so sweet.

"So, i’m having a party on friday, want to come?" Jake asked, his hands in his pockets.

"Party? Is vero going to be there?" I asked.

"Yeah, but she’ll be drunk and won’t bother you" Jake’s hopeful eyes looked at me.

"I don’t know..parties aren’t my thing"

"Please!" He got down on his knee and took me hand. "I’m on my knees baby" He sounded so cute.

"Fine i’ll come" I answered, he stood up and hugged me, twirling me in a circle.

"This is the highlight of my week" He said, as we continued to walk.

"I’m excited" I replied as we walked to me door.

"You should be, i’ll see you around" He hugged me and waved as he walked away.

I felt myself smile and i walked into my house. Lauren was going to be at that party..but how can i ever forgive her. She has been so rude to me lately. I can’t let her think she can just throw me around.

I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom sitting there on the phone. once she got off she smiled at me.

"How’s school, sweetie?" She asked.

"It’s fine" I shrugged lying. I couldn’t exactly tell her that the girl i loved was acting like she didn’t know me and her friend was being a bitch and warning me to stay away from her.

"Well bad news…our basement had flooded and we need to stay somewhere, our pipes leaked, your father will be home soon" She said.

"Where will we stay?" I asked.

"Well we’ve become really good friends with-"

"Where?" I demanded again, cutting her off.

"The Jauregui’s house".