chapter 16

Lauren PoV

“Your a good dancer!” I said back to Camila. We had finished our mini prom and sat by the fire, the darkness of the night invading the island. She was trying to argue that she was a bad dancer.

"Ok, i think anybody can slow dance. It doesn’t take much effort to sway in a circle" Camila said, smiling.

She was wearing my sweatshirt crew neck, which was a little big on her, and she looked so cute. The fire radiated a glow off of her skin, and her teeth gleamed white.

"What are you staring at? Do i have something on my face?" She asked.

I laughed, oops didn’t know i was staring. “No, just admiring you’re beauty” I put my arm around her back and pulled her close to my side.

"Thanks…" She blushed. "But i’m still bad dancer".

"Do you enjoy picking arguments with me?" I asked, looking at her.

"Yeah, you get all defensive and cute" She said.

"You get defensive, but trust me it’s not cute"  I said sarcastically.

"Hey!" Camila threw a twig at me and giggled.

It hit my lower leg, but i acted like it hit my cut on my thigh and flew on my back, clenching my thigh.

"Camila! Oww" I fake groaned in pain. I heard her gasp, and come up to my side.

Camila was on her knee’s next to me, and looked scared.

"i’m so sorry!" She said, her eyes looked like they were about to fill with tears.

I guess i should end this cruel joke. I pulled her down on top of my body, my leg without a cut resting in between her thighs. Her arms were holding her up.

"Babe, i’m just joking with you. That wasn’t even close to hitting my cut" I laughed and her face didn’t change emotion. I pulled her down for a kiss.

"Your jokes are cruel, jauregui!" She turned her face, so i kissed her cheek instead.

"You hit me with a stick, it was just revenge" I shrugged, my hands locked together, resting on her lower back.

"It was just revenge" Camila mocked my voice.

"You think you’re funny, boo?" I pulled my head up, and captured her lips with mine. I tugged on her lower lip, pulling her head down.

"Yeah, and it’ll be even more funny when i get my revenge on you" She smiled proudly.

"We haven’t made out in forever" I stated, staring into Camila’s adorable brown eyes.

She bit her lip, which killed me in every way possible. Her biting her lip is just normal for her, but makes me want to devour her lips.

She then kissed me lightly, but i deepened it quickly. My tongue went into her mouth, and swirled around. Her tongue quickly sent mine back into my own mouth, as she explored every part of mine. Aggressive, i like it.

My hands traveled down her back, until they reached her perfect ass. I gave it a nice squeeze and she pulled away from the kiss.

"Don’t even think about touching my ass" Camila said. I pouted.

"Why not? It’s perfection"

"Thats your revenge, you can’t touch it. I bet you’ll think twice before you pull a prank on me next time". She smiled, proud of her remark.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever, i am getting bored with you anyway. I need some new ass”.

"Yeah, well good luck finding that here. Unless you want to fuck a monkey" She smiled, and rolled off of my side.

I laughed at her. “Monkeys are technically humans, i can picture it”.

"Eww, you’re nasty!" She giggled.

"Imagine the sounds we would make" I started imitating monkey sounds, along with human groans.

"Lauren! That’s so disturbing!" Camila was laughing, but yelling at the same time.

"You would watch it"

"No i wouldn’t!" Camila said, as she cuddled into my side.

"I’m sure somebody else has fucked a monkey before" I said, i loved seeing Camila squirm.

"Ewwww, new topic" She said. "I’m starting to picture it! oh god make it stop".

Camila PoV

Once our laughter died down, i felt my eyes start to close. The fire was radiating heat, along with Lauren’s body and i felt like i could sleep.

Then, i heard a loud sound. I looked into the sky, it was coming from the left.

"Camila, is that what i think it is" Lauren said to me.

It was a helicopter. We both stood up and ran to the edge of the beach. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I quickly ran back to the camp and got the flare gun. We had one flare left, the timing had to be perfect.

I ran out to Lauren and i looked her deep into her eyes. She gave me a nod, and i set off the flare. The orange glow of the flare burst into the air and we started screaming frantically.

"Help!" Lauren called out. "Down here!".

Our throats were hurting from the yelling but we couldn’t stop. Then, in one motion, the helicopters lights shown down on us. The rays of light were positioned on our bodies. The helicopter started flying towards us.

Lauren then laced our fingers together, as we held hands. We both just looked at each other. This was real. On Lauren’s face i saw relief, confusion and happiness. Somebody found us.

We saw the helicopter throw down it’s ladder.

"Climb that ladder ladies, you are safe" A man yelled down over a speaker.

Lauren grabbed our bags quickly from the shelter and ran towards the ladder. My feet stayed planted on the ground.

"Are you coming?" Lauren yelled.

"Yeah, i forgot something, tell them i will only be a minute" I yelled back.

She started climbing the ladder and i ran back to the shelter. I saw the mini knife, still in our shelter. I picked it up and walked towards a palm tree.

I don’t know why i feel sad. I also feel happy. But a part of me is going to miss this island.

I then carved the initials L.J + C.C into the tree, with a heart around them. I smiled at my work and felt a little happier.

This was my final goodbye to our island.