chapter 5

Lauren POV

You have to get in the water, your the one that wanted to go in, in the first place!” Camila called out as she stood waist deep in the clear ocean.

“Actually i just wanted to see you in your bikini…” I grin came across my face as i saw her blush.

“Come in! Please” Camila shot me a look that included a pouty lip and sad eyes. I almost gave in.

“Make me” I called back to her.

Camila walked out of the water and up to me and started pulling on my arm. She realized i wouldn’t budge so she tried to carry me bridal style. I started laughing at her attempt to move me.

“This isn’t funny!” Camila giggled anyway.

“Its hilarious” I then quickly grabbed her bridal style and started carrying her towards the water. Her arms wrapped around my neck tightly.

“Lauren Jauregui stop right now” She kicked and screamed.

“I thought you liked the water kiddo”

“Uh yeah..but i prefer not being dropped in it. I hate when the salt water gets in my eyes” Camila replied.

“Convince me not to drop you” A devilish grin spread across my face. 

“You being a good person and having the satisfaction of being nice isn’t enough?” Camila whined.

“No-” I was cut off by Camila placing a kiss on my neck. I felt myself let go of her body. She was now standing in front of me. My hands were on her waist as she trailed the kisses up to my jaw. 

Camila better fucking kiss me. I wanted her lips now. She put her face close to mine and looked into my eyes. We exchanged a glance of lust. She then turned around and started walking away.

“You think it’s funny teasing me?” I called out.

“Yeah…it is” She bit her lip and then jumped on me. Luckily my reflexes were fast and i caught her. My hands were on her thighs, holding her up, her legs wrapped around my waist. Camilas fingers interlocked behind my head and her face was inches from mine. 

Camila smirked and bit her lip again. “I like teasing you and i’m really good at it”.

“Oh really?” I said back, questioning her.

“Yep…” Camila leaned into me but ended up giving me an eskimo kiss. She rubbed her nose against mine and backed away.

“You think your so funny” I said. I then walked out of the water until we reached the wet part of the sand. I crashed my body down on top of hers.

We were now both lying down now, i was in between her legs.

“Two can play at that game sweetheart” I whispered into her ear. My hands rubbed up and down her torso. I kissed her neck and started sucking on it, i then bit down lightly. 

Camila let out a small moan and i smiled at the sound. I then moved my head up towards hers, our lips inches apart. I brushed my thumb over her lip softly and i heard her let out a whimper. She wanted me just as much a as i wanted her.

“Ahh” I heard Camila say as a wave crashed down before us, the water roaring up the ground beneath us. Camila was now soaked with water and the sand was sticking all over her. Camila then pushed me off of her and stood up.

“Somehow movies make lying down in the sand with hot girls fun, when in reality you just get sand in weird places”

“Hey if you need help cleaning out those weird places i can help” I smirked as her eye grew wide and she was blushed like crazy.

“Lauren!” She looked to the side, then back at me. “Your dirty”.

“So are you, sand man” I replied.

“Ugh, you know what i mean”

“do i?” I challenged.

“I meant dirty as in sexual” Camila rolled her eyes. “I’m going to get a tan” Camila replied. She laid down on the sand and i laid down next to her.

One Hour Later

I woke up in the sand, and it was still light out. It was about mid afternoon, i could tell by the heat radiating off of my skin. I must of fallen asleep while i was tanning. I looked next to me, Camila wasn’t here. I got up rapidly and looked around. She was nowhere in site. i called her name a few times before i started running towards the lagoon, she had to be here.

Once i reached the lagoon, i slowed down. My heart was beating fast from the running and the fear of not knowing where Camila was. I spotted her walking out of the Lagoon.

I looked at her as the water glistened on her body, it dripped off of her hair. She looked great. I then saw her spot me, she walked over to me.

“How long have you been here? Did you see anything…like me..naked?” Camila asked me.

“No i just got here, just dont ever go anywhere without me again! Who would’ve known what could have happened!” I was scared, and i didn’t care if i showed it.

I embraced her in a tight hug, the water on her body was cold. I honestly didn’t care, she was all i had, and it all came crashing down on me right now.

“i’m sorry..i didn’t know it was that big of a deal” She replied, she hugged me back. I felt tears brimming my eyes, only now had it hit me this hard that she was the only thing i had out here.

“It’s ok” I responded.

Camila POV

We started walking back to the campsite. I looked over at Lauren, this was one of those rare times where she stopped her calmness and showed all her fear. I grabbed her hand and offered her a reassuring smile.

I then heard Lauren scream. She let go of my hand and i could see tears filling her eyes, she ran to the beach and i saw her break down.

I had no idea what she saw..i looked around and saw what she saw. There in the leaves and mud was a skeleton, a human skeleton. i gasped and ran over to her.

“WE ARE GOING TO DIE HERE CAMZ!” Lauren looked at me with watery eyes and a look I’ve seen once before. She looked lost.

I gulped, even though i was thinking the same thing i had to be strong. Lauren was always strong for me, i had to pay her back.

“Lauren, look at me. This guy could of died years ago, he might not have any family to look for him. We don’t know his story” i said.

“Camz! you can’t make this sound better! We all know he got stranded here and died. Stop tip toeing around the inevitable” Lauren replied shakily.

“Yeah but we have one thing he doesn’t have. We have each other, and I’m not going to let anything happen to you. Ever”. I looked her deep into the eyes.

I walked up to her and with all the confidence i had i put my hand on the side of her face and pulled her close. I then kissed her softly, she hesitated but kissed me back. I reassured her through my lips, kissing her with all the passion i had.

We kissed for awhile, everything had built up to this moment. Her warm lips against mine felt like home. As soon as we kissed everything went away. I no longer thought about our situation.

I then pulled back and rested my forehead against hers. We connected our eyes together. I felt warmth fill my body, happiness surrounded me and the feeling of safety took over. I’ve never had this feeling before, this sensation.

I think this feeling is love.