A Good Man Goes To War Pt. 4

*Control room*

"You've hacked into their software, then?" the Doctor asks.

"I believe I sold it to them" Dorium replies.

"Ooo. So, what have we learned?" {Y/N} asks.

"That anger is always the shortest distance to a mistake" Vastra replies.

"I'm sorry?"

"The words of an old friend who once found me in the London Underground, attempting to avenge my sisters on perfectly innocent tunnel diggers."

"Well, you were very cross at the time" {Y/N} replies.

"As you were today, old friend. Point taken, I hope. Now, I have a question. A simple one. Is Melody human?"

"Sorry, what? Of course, she is. Completely human. What are you talking about?"

"They've been scanning her since she was born, and I think they found what they were looking for" Dorium replies the Doctor looks over Dorium's shoulder.

"Human DNA," the Doctor says.

"Look closer. Human plus. Specifically, human plus Time Lord" Vastra says.

*Outside the TARDIS*

"I heard her talking. This is a trap. Why would I lie to you?"

"Well, you might want to take a look at your uniform" Rory replies.

"The only reason I joined the Clerics was so I could meet the Doctor and {Y/N} again."

"You wanted to meet them, so you joined an army to fight them?" Jenny asks.

"Well, how else do you meet great warriors?"

"They're not warrior" Amy replies.

"Then why are they called the Doctor and {Y/N}?" the lights go out "It's starting. Please, listen to me."

*Control room*

"But she's human. She's Amy and Rory's daughter" the Doctor says.

"You've both told me about your people. They became what they did through prolonged exposure to the time vortex. The Untempered Schism" Vastra says.

"Over billions of years. It didn't just happen" the Doctor says.

"So how close is she? Could she even regenerate?"

"No, no. I don't think so" {Y/N} says.

"You don't sound so sure."

"Because I- we don't understand how this happened" {Y/N} says.

"Which leads me to ask when did it happen?"

"When?"

"I am trying to be delicate. I know how you can blush {Y/N}. When did this baby begin?"

"Oh, you mean..."

"Quite."

"Well, how would I know? That's all human-y, private stuff. It just sort of goes on. They don't put up a balloon, or anything" {Y/N} mutters.

"But could the child have begun on the TARDIS in flight, in the vortex."

"No! No! Impossible! It's all running about, sexy fish vampires and blowing up stuff. And Rory wasn't even there at the beginning. Then he was dead, then he didn't exist, then he was plastic. Then I had to reboot the whole universe. Long story. So, technically the first time they were on the TARDIS together in this version of reality, was on their w..." {Y/N} trails off.

"On their what?"

"On their wedding night," the Doctor says.

*Outside the TARDIS*

"Confirmed. No life forms registering on this base, except us and the Silurians" Strax says.

"The Headless Monks aren't alive. They don't register as life forms"

*Control room*

"It doesn't make sense. You can't just cook yourself a Time Lord" {Y/N} says laughing.

"Of course not. But you gave them one hell of a start, and they've been working very hard ever since."

"And yet they gave in so easily. Does this not that bother anyone else?"

"Amy. She worried the baby would have a time head. She said that" {Y/N} says.

"Only you would ignore the instincts of a mother."

"Or the instincts of a coward. This is too easy. There's something wrong."

"Why even do it? Even if you could get your hands on a brand-new Time Lord, what for?" the Doctor asks.

"A weapon?"

"Why would a Time Lord be a weapon?" {Y/N} asks.

"Well, they've seen you."

"Me?"

"Mister Maldovar, you're right. This was too easy. We should get back to the others" Vastra and Dorium leave.

"Me?" {Y/N} thinks back to the warehouse in 1969.

"I'd say she's human, going by the life-support software. She climbed out of the suit like she forced her way out. She must be incredibly strong" River says.

"I see you accessed our files. Do you understand yet? Oh, don't worry, I'm a long way away. But I like to keep tabs on you. The child, then. What do you think?"

"What is she?" the Doctor asks.

"Hope. Hope in this endless, bitter war."

"What war? Against who?"

"Against {Y/N}" {Y/N} looks at the Doctor.

*Outside the TARDIS*

The Monks are on the move. A white light cone appears around the TARDIS.

"What's that?" Amy asks.

"A force field."

"And those are the doors...locking."

"Apparently we're not leaving."

"Is that the Monks?" Rory asks.

"Oh, dear God. That's the attack prayer."

"Quick, come with me," Rory says.

"Commander Strax!"

"I'm trying to seal off this area of the lighting grid" Strax responds.

"This is where we'll make our stand. Clear lines of sight on all approaches" Rory hides Amy and Melody behind some boxes.

"Rory, no offence to the others, but you let them all die first, ok?" Amy says.

"You're so Scottish."

"Centurion, you're needed!"

"There should be some plasma pistols somewhere. They left everything."

"Then find them, boy!" Strax says.

"She's definitely a girl," Vastra says.

"Oh, stop it!" Jenny replies.

"We don't have to fight them. I'm friends to the Monks. They know me."

"Yeah, and they know you just sold them out to the Doctor and {Y/N}," Rory says.

"Oh, they'll understand it's only me. Only silly old me. You understand, don't you?"

"Mister Maldovar, get back here!"

"Arm yourself, fool!" Strax shouts.

"Dorium!" Dorium walks into the darkness, arms outstretched. There is a swish of metal, and something falls to the floor.

"Mister Maldovar?"

"Dorium?" two Monks escort the headless Dorium back into view.

"The child. At all costs, protect the child!" Vastra shouts.

*Control room*

"A child is not a weapon!" {Y/N} shouts.

"Oh, give us time. She can be. She will be."

"Except you've already lost her, and I swear I will never let you anywhere near her again" {Y/N} says.

"Oh, {Y/N}. Fooling you once was a joy, but fooling you twice the same way? It's a privilege."

"Amy. Amy" {Y/N} says.

---

~Bread 🍞