Lemon Boy (Clyde x Reader)

(Okay I'm absolutely in love with the idea that Craig and those guys plus for this story I'm adding myself are in a band and I might write a whole one-shot series based on it. Okay anyway let's get along with the story)

   For as long as you've known Clyde he's been extremely depressed and bitter. After about a week of witnessing this behavior, you decided to ask Craig what was causing this. He simply explained to you that since Clyde's mom had died when they were 10 Clyde had never been the same. 

   After a little bit, Clyde became sweeter to you. You slowly and abrasively accepted his bittersweetness. He went from being cold toward you to having a smile on his face whenever he saw you. Your friends at the time didn't seem to like you hanging out with Clyde. Craig and those guys (and Rose) were better friends to you than those bitches were anyway so you instantly dropped them. 

   One day you were just hanging out at Craig's house while they were having band practice. Clyde wasn't there because he was sick so you had no one to talk to while they were all practicing (Clyde is their manager in this one). You just sat there while they were singing and practicing for the upcoming battle of the bands and ended up writing a poem you called 'Lemon Boy'.

   A few minutes later they decided to take a break. Rose sat next to you on the couch in Craig's garage. You were holding the poem in your hand.

" Hey what's that," Rose asked.

"Oh, it's nothing," you respond embarrassed. Rose soon rips the paper from your hand. she quickly grabbed her ukulele and swiftly told you to sing the poem you wrote. Soon enough the entire band joined in. Eventually, you had a full-blown song that everyone in the group wanted you to sing at the battle of the bands. 

"Who's that song about (Y/N)," Token asked.

"Oh, um it's about uh," you stammered.

"GAH! Is it about Clyde," Tweek spazzed.

"Actually yeah it is," you respond.

"OH MAN! THAT'S TOO MUCH PRESSURE," Tweek yelled stressed 

"Tweek! Babe calm down," Craig said holding Tweek's head to calm him down.

"B-b-battle of the bands is g-gonna be fun," Jimmy stuttered and everyone nodded in agreement.

_____________________TIME SKIP BECAUSE I'M LAZY___________________________________

   Tonight is the night. It's battle of the bands. Clyde was still completely in the dark about what is going to happen tonight.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN," Bebe announces "who's ready to rock tonight!" Everyone in the audience screamed and cheered.

"First Up we have Cruel Cherris," Bebe shouts. Everyone walks on stage as you stay behind with Clyde so he wouldn't suspect a thing. 

"Hey guys," Rose starts "we have a special surprise for you tonight. So our good friend (Y/N) wrote a poem about this boy she likes  *Cough* CLYDE *Cough*. So we as a collective group decided she would sing it for you guys tonight." you walk out on stage waving to everyone.

"You guys ready? 3...2...1," then you started to sing.

~There once was a bittersweet man and they called him, "Lemon Boy"

He was growing in my garden and I pulled him out by his hair like a weed
And like weeds do he only came and grew back again
So, I figured this time I might as well let him be

Lemon Boy and me started to get along together
I'd help him plant his seeds and we mowed the lawn in bad weather

It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him
So, I got myself a citrus friend~

One you began the second verse you flipped off your old friends who would ridicule you for hanging out with Clyde.

~But soon his bittersweet started to rub off on me
You'd think smelling like lemon zest would be pretty neat

I found out that my friends are more of the savory type
And they weren't too keen on compromising with a nice lemon pie

You began to sway your hips and got more comfortable on stage as you continued singing.

~So Lemon Boy and me, we just gotta get along together
I'll help him plant his seeds and we'll mow the lawn in bad weather
It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him
So, I got myself a citrus friend~

Soon the bridge came and this is when things get really deep.

~But what if I run out of fertilizer
What if the clouds run out of rain

What if Lemon Boy won't grow no longer
What if the beaches dry of sugarcane

Oh well

The whales start to beach themselves
The tortoise shells tear away from their spines

It happens all the time, it happens all the time~

You held the microphone tight as you fought back tears. Soon Craig started to rip on his guitar signaling the final and hella intense ending. You stuck your middle fingers in the air and began to sing.

~Lemon Boy and I, we're gonna live forever
Like Snufkin and Little My, we'll get around wherever

Lemon Boy and I, we're gonna live forever
Like Snufkin and Little My, we'll get around wherever

It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him

'Cause we're the bitterest boys in town
Yeah, we're the bitterest guys around
And I got myself a citrus friend~

Craig began to play his solo as you danced like crazy around the stage until you felt a hand grab your wrist. It was Clyde with a huge and genuine smile on his face. You were startled at first but instantly smiled as well. He soon grabbed your face and kissed you passionately (in front of everyone I might add). You immediately kissed back as you ran your fingers through his messy brown hair. It was like magic and you were right he tasted like lemonade and smelled like lemon zest a perfect combination.