Chapter 9: Monday blues just got real

Start from the beginning

She pulled me all the way out to the parking lot, the place I had been waiting all morning to prevent this very thing from happening.

She let go of my collar and walked a few steps further away, walking around in an imaginary circle, her head looking at her feet. She stopped a few feet away from me and threw the paper at me "Have you seen this?" She said biting her lip pitifully, it hit my chest and I didn't try to catch it, I had seen the picture all morning. It was imprinted in my head.

"Of course you have." She sneered.

"Yeah, I've seen it. The picture is a bit blurry, you'd think these days with the iPhone and all they could have taken a better picture but this is passible don't you think?" I laughed.

"Not the picture Reyes, Not the headline, the Article! Did you read it?" She asked dauntingly, Broken.

The look she wore before me was not something I ever wanted to see.

I picked the paper she had thrown and read what was written. 

It was horrible.

It was worse than I could have imagined.

KISS OR BE KILLED?

Super cute Reyes Wilder didn't look like he had much of a choice when Kea who I might add stuck to her bad-girl reputation and drank herself into pulling a very helpless Reyes in a lip-locking session, in a party on Saturday.

Don't believe me? Well, that's what photos are for people. We always knew Kea had a dirty side it just took a new guy to bring it out of her.

The article went on for a few paragraphs, with the picture in the middle. The entire fucking article made Kea look like a man-eater and that fucked me up.  

I crushed the already creased paper, my knuckles as pale as Kea's had been.

"Why didn't you tell me about the kiss Reyes?" She asked, her voice low.

"No time felt like the right time," I spoke, it was almost a whisper. I was too caught up in my own thoughts to notice how angry my reply had made her, her voice audibly loud. "What do you mean there was no right time? We were together the entire morning after." She walked away, moving her hand over her face. "God Reyes I wish you would have just given me a heads up before I had to walk into school and be the school Joke." She just looked at me, shook her head and walked past me, back into the school and I let her.

How was I supposed to tell her that I didn't want to remind her of the kiss that she should've remembered?

That should've meant something to her the way it had to me, that i didn't want to have to remind her of something that made me feel something for someone when I thought I wasn't capable of it and the fact that despite it- was just a drunken blur to her. 

A drunken mistake.

I should have waited longer. Hell! despite my shit- I should have told her about it at breakfast that morning. 

I had to do something, for letting her walk into that, having her be ambushed by that even though I hadn't meant too. 
Apologising didn't seem....enough. 

I walked inside school, to her. 

She was standing next to her locker. When she noticed me she muttered silently, "Go away Reyes. The last thing I want is for more people to stare at me."

I closed the locker she was hiding behind and came in front of her, forcing her to look at me.

I could see there was a storm brewing.