"So when did you recognize me?"

"I was traveling from a meeting from a neighboring pack and stopped at a diner in unclaimed territory.  There I caught your scent and followed it to Vulance.  I was so caught up with trying to find you that I got sloppy.  You know the rest."

"When you first contacted me in the bathroom of my apartment, how did you know I was your mate? Now I know that water mask the scent, that couldn't have been it."

"It was your voice, your singing healed me and made me stronger.  I knew once I heard your voice you were mine."

"Then why when we finally met you did not just tell me everything.  Why all the secrets?"

"Fear of rejection, Celeste.  That is all.  You were human and you didn't know about my world.  I wanted us to connect on a human level before it got convoluted with the werewolf world.  I thought if you accepted the man first, then accepting the wolf would be easier.  I know now that I should've been upfront with you.  Trust me there was plenty of people who told me too.  Especially Vicki."

It was comforting to know that Vicki did not willingly participate in the cover up.  "Tell me why didn't anyone say anything to me.  Looking back I could see some of the girls that I befriended wanted to tell me."

"Alpha command."

"You commanded people not to tell me? How?"

"As an alpha, I have the ability to evoke commands that pack members have to follow or they could be punished.  Although, I would not punish them.  It just ensures that people follows the rules set forth."

"You mean you can use your godlike power to rule over them!" I accused. 

"Celeste, that is not true! I would not abuse my powers."

"Oh really, what about the party, when no one would dance with me.  You put out a command, didn't you?" I stabbed his chest with my finger.  His face heated up and I knew I was right.

"Celeste, that was different."

"Different, huh? So if you sent out a command to tell everyone to stop eating ice cream, they would have to follow your orders?"

"Yes."

"Who commands you?"

"What?"

"You heard me, who has power to command you?" No one should have that much power over people.  I definitely didn't like the alpha command. Could he use that over me when of if we become mates.

"Ummm......" Colin floundered to answer that one.

"So if a pack has a power hungry, abusive leader, he can tell them do anything even against their morals."

"Are you calling me power hungry?" Colin didn't like that accusation one bit. Although I was not referring to him I was thinking more about Todd.

"Interesting you thought I was talking about you?"

"Celeste, listen, I'm sorry.  I get it. I've really never done that before you came along, I swear.   I had no right to use my power in that manner.  I did it to protect you."

"Protect me? Hmph! I don't want you to do something like that again.  The only reason you should do that  is if it's to help your people."

"Ok! I think I have the answer to your previous question."

"What's that?"

"Who commands me?  I believe the answer is my mate."  He grumbled and  I laughed.