47. The Complications...

Start from the beginning

We both share the laugh but was interrupted by the voice at the cashier. My stomach cramped, I slipped a hand to the area and felt it instantly loosen. "Two tickets for...er, Avengers: Infinity War please..?"

She turned to me questionably and I gave an encouraging smile. "Of course"

"Alright ladies. Your total comes to 17.99 with taxes."

"Jesus Christ! Establishments like this were made to rob you I swear." She rumbled through her bag, producing a card after the line had made a good length. The cramp returned in full force tightened my insides. I hiss in pain, turning to catch the queue line post.

"Come on Nora! We got our self 10 minutes to get the popcorn and to get to our seats!" She grabbed my wrist, pulling me to the concession stand. Movement seemed to lower the pain for now, but not by much.

Lia went for the super sized popcorn, extra buttery with a side 4 bags of whole peanut M&M's, a large nacho plate and foundation sized Pepsi. I passed, feeling suddenly wanting to retch from the scent of food. Lia gave a shrug and paid.

"I swear that dude back in the cashier was definitely checking you out," Lia slurped her drink, carrying the popcorn and M&M's towards the screening hall. I held her nacho plate for her, feeling as if the world around was swaying on it's axis. The pain hadn't recede this time as we walked down the hall. "Did you see him turn to his buddy in the blonde afterwards? He was checking you out just as much, especially those legs. Man, I'm jealous of you. I wish I had those legs of yours to catch the guy's attention."

"Lia-" The pain tightened and loosened but from the concession stand to here, it was only contracting more by the second. I reach for her wrist with a hand, the nacho plate falling to the ground from the other.

"Nora! How could you! My nacho-Nora? Whats wrong? Holy mother of pricks, you're burning up!" Lia exclaimed. She kept her food and drink on the ledge by the window, catching me in time before I fell to my knees.

"Do you have a fever?"

"No," I reply breathlessly. My body weakened with every throb making it very painful to stand a foot. My skin felt scorched, sweat drenching my clothes. The cramps in my lower stomach intensified. I groan, doubling over if it weren't for Lia holding me.

Luckily it was just us two, not even a person from the staff crew in the halls. I felt Lia harden in place, seeing her eyes widen in shock with an inhale. She paled as if she saw a ghost. "We need to get the hell outta here."

She dumped me on the ground, running to where she kept her food on the ledge. Grabbing the bags of M&M's she stuffed two bags under her coat and beneath her shirt and into each cup of her bra, with the remaining two bags in each of our bags. "Lia!"

"You can't just abandon the M&M's here for them to eat when I paid! Besides, I trust no one in this Pack! Except you of course but I expect that you'll return those M&M's or you can forgot we were even friends!"

Looping an arm over herself, I transferred most of my weight on her. Half carrying and half hauling me, we took the back exit staircase down to the underground parking lot. Conveniently, it was found empty too.

We were half way through, when Lia gave a string of curses. "W-what is i-it?"

"Fuckity fuck! I left my phone on the ledge with the popcorn!"

"L-Li-" "Ill be back! Dont die on me now!" Keeping my back to the side of the closet car, a white gleaming BMW X5, Lia sprinted back through the exit, slamming into the door and breaking the lock with her inhuman strength.

My vision blurred, probably from the tears numbing my eyes. I had nearly missed the sight of two preying eyes if it weren't for the car's rear mirrors. By the time I twirled around to confront him, I was surrounded by a gang of men, about 8 of them in casual everyday clothes and their leader by the looks, in his spotless dress shirt and vest striding in from behind the car.