02 - Grave Mistake

Chapter 2

***

Dreams of my sister had been ‘haunting’ me ever since I left; her screaming for me, crying, the walls shaking from her voice all reminded me of my grave mistake. I should’ve never left…

I promised I’d protect her!

Even after they dragged me out of the village, I could still hear her screams and cries, I even felt her pain, but doing something about it was another problem on its own; a problem I couldn’t solve.

As I left the village, rage boiled within me, but I had nothing to do with that rage, so I vowed to get my sister back, even if it meant destroying the village. I was ready for anything, but I was not ready to lose my sister; the last family member I had left.

After walking for several days in the forest without a way of knowing which berries or plants to eat and finding no lakes nearby, I was lucky to stumble upon a ‘kind’ ninja village willing to take me in.

The small rainy village of Amegakure took me in, and with them I trained harder than I ever had in my life. There I was careful to not get involved with anything, though it was hard to ignore how strange the village was.

They were very reserved and didn’t seem to accept me until I proved I was loyal. I was put into school where I became a Genin and was put into a team with two other people, a guy and a girl. They were nice enough, but I wasn’t interested in friendship.

Because I had nowhere to go, I lived in a small house with the other members of the squad and our sensei. To them I must’ve seemed mysterious; I didn’t tell them much, I never bothered to share my thoughts or opinions and I trained whenever we didn’t have a mission.

I barely slept because I didn’t want to see my sister crying anymore. I dyed my hair several times, since I seemed out of place with my pale white hair, but eventually, I stopped caring.

While I trained and trained some more, I still couldn’t the feeling of still being too weak, and as the lack of sleep started affecting me, I started having more and more nightmares about my sister and how she needed me.

Finally, after one last nightmare, I decided I couldn’t take it anymore, so I left. It was hard and they probably, most likely didn’t want to let me go for fear I’d reveal things about their village, but after making sure I wouldn’t, I was able to leave.

It took about 4 years but I finally left in search of my sister.

***

Sorry it's so short, I promise it'll be longer later on, but it's part of the story :/

Please bear with me. Also thanks to voters and commentors and anyone that bothered to read this. :)