His guarded heart

Ok I am trying something new again for my final one shot, basically this is going to be my first shot at a mythical tale. Deliberately cheesy too :0)

Based on the lyrics to Thunder by Jessie J. As it’s the last one, picture of Basil on the side.>>>>>>>

………………………………………………………………………………………………

In the year 245AD I was created by the gods to serve man. I was sentenced to a life of servitude and banished to a lamp, forced to give three wishes to each master that claimed the lamp as his. For centuries I was passed from pillar to post, travelled the world, saw both the rich and the poor turn into mindless greedy monsters.

During war I was used as a weapon and during times of peace I was used for corruption creating more war. In 1912 AD I was finally lost. As the world changed people began to fear or scoff at magic and the result was my lamp was brushed aside and forgotten….Until now.

Present day.

“Ok Mr Hastings just sign here and the old Duke Manor is yours.”

“I told you Tori please call me Parker.” I said pulling the papers towards me signed them and passed them back.

“Thank you Parker, here are the keys and I hope you enjoy your new home.” She smiled. “That’s a big house for just one person you will have to find yourself a special girl and settle down.”

I nodded my head and smiled at her, there was no point in going into my sexuality with her. This would be the last time I saw her anyway and frankly although she was just being kind it was none of her business. So I gathered up my copy of the papers, the keys to the property and left to go and check it out once again.

When I pulled up outside the building I looked up at the huge three story Victorian manor house. It was a little big for just me but I had bought the house at an exceptionally low price because of some stupid old folk tale. Apparently some man died in the house a few years back and residents were adamant the place was haunted.

I had no time for fairy tales and I would much rather live in a house with eight bedrooms and five bathrooms than a three bed semi-detached for the same amount of money. There was a lot to do inside of the house as it had been pretty much abandoned since the old man died in 2005.

I walked around the house, rolling up my sleeves as I went. I decided to clean up the bedroom I had chosen for myself and the main living room so that I would have somewhere to sit on a night. The rest of the house could be done one room at a time as long as I had a few rooms to live comfortably in.

A day or two later and I had cleared my bedroom and sitting room, repaired any damages and the removal guys had dropped off all of my things. I decided to start at the top and work my way down the rest of the house, so I would be working in the loft all day today.