Wishes....

Keeping my head down, my jacket pulled up high on my neck and my hands in my pockets I hurried through the busy streets of Newcastle. It’s Christmas and it’s snowing, the weather biting at my skin and I am probably bright red because of the freezing cold wind smashing against my face. I wouldn’t normally come out in this weather especially at this time of the year, it’s so busy and people don’t hesitate to ram into you with pushchairs and trollies.

As its Christmas and this is supposed to be the season for being jolly and what not, I have agreed to meet my mate Rhys at the pub for some food and a few drinks as it’s kind of a tradition, and he says he has a surprise but we don’t normally do presents? I could see the pub in the distance so I picked up my pace so that I could get in to the warmth more quickly and I was in need of a good drink, shitty day at work don’t ask.

Pushing my way through the small crowd of smokers outside I stepped into the pub and the heat hit me instantly and made my whole body shiver in appreciation. I craned my neck to look over the other punters to see if I could see Rhys and as I walked to the bar to buy a drink I saw him chatting to someone in a booth at the back.

He didn’t say he was bringing anyone maybe this was the surprise? I stood in line at the bar trying to get a better look at the stranger but he was sitting with his back to me so I couldn’t see anything. I ordered my drink then made my way over to the pair of them, and as I approached Rhys looked away from him and caught my eye beaming.

“Hey Jack mate, glad you came.” He smiled.

“Hi, of course its tradition right?” I laughed.

“Yeah.” He laughed back. “Hey I want you to meet Oscar, but I call him Oz.”

“Oz?” I cocked a brow and he nodded smiling. “Well nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.” He smiled.

I sat beside Rhys facing Oscar, and Rhys introduced him properly telling me where they had met and how long they had known each other. Oscar was beautiful, not going to even beat around the bush! He had dark hair, short on the sides long on top and kind of combed over to the side with deep dark brown eyes to match. He looked tall and slim with barely any muscles, just slightly toned arms covered in tattoos and his jaw was covered in stubble.

He has bright white teeth making his smile breath taking and totally kissable lips but I have just met him so I have to refrain from jumping him, not sure he would appreciate that. He was wearing black skinny jeans with black loafers and white socks totally Michael Jackson style but he was more indie so he suited it. He had a black short sleeved shirt buttoned all the way up to his neck and leather bracelets around his wrists. His kissable lips were pierced at the side with a small lip ring and his ears had very small black spacers in them, ok I am starting to feel slightly obsessed but seriously he is gorgeous.

We all fell into a comfortable conversation, Rhys getting me up to date on his life at the moment and what he has been up to since I saw him last. In truth I was listening but I could barely concentrate because Oscar was fiddling with his lip ring and he had me entranced. He kept running his tongue across his lower lip and as he did this his long dark eyelashes would flutter against his prominent cheek bones.

He was unwillingly creating reactions throughout my whole body and I wasn’t sure if I could stay here much longer without asking him to kiss me. I excused myself and went to the toilet quickly, we had been sitting there two hours and the drinks (and Oscar) were starting to affect me. I quickly relieved myself then went to the bar to order more drinks for the three of us and made my way back over to the table but I stopped just short.

I gasped as my chest clenched, my heart literally dropping through my chest as I watched Rhys and Oscar pulling away from a sneaky kiss and holding hands. I don’t know or even understand how this could be affecting me so much, I have just met Oscar and I can’t comprehend what I expected would happen?