Chapter Eighteen

[SATURDAY]

Ryder wakes up the next morning with the Lily situation on his mind, yesterday Tristan said that as insane as it sounded he still wanted to help, they needed to come up with a plan.

He grabs his phone off the bedside and dials Tristan's number, on the third ring he picks up.

"Hey man. Did I wake you?" Ryder asks.

"No, got up about an hour ago, just got in from my jog. Did you need something?"

"Had any thoughts on what to do about Lily?" Ryder wonders.

"I've got a plan. Sort of..." Tristan pauses, "But you're not gonna like it."

"What exactly is this plan of yours?"

"You're gonna tell her, but you're gonna do it at the shack by the river so that if what Zion said is true, you can lock her in the shack until we figure out what to do next."

"That doesn't sound like a good plan. How do I keep her in the shack?"

"It locks from the outside, this will work, trust me, just get her down to the shack before you tell her anything. Make sure you're ready to grab her if needed."

"How do I convince her to go there?"

"She's your best friend, guilt trip her or something, find a way." Tristan pauses, "I'm gonna have to go now, text me when you're there and I'll make my way over and park next to your car in case she tries to escape or things get out of hand."

"Out of hand?" Ryder asks worriedly.

Tristan hangs up the phone, and with a sigh Ryder climbs out of bed and over to his window, he looks over to Lily's to see the curtains in her room are open and she isn't sat at her desk, time to wake up Lils.

Ryder unlocks his phone and clicks her number.

Lily hears her phone ring, and she considers not answering it until she remembers that Zion got her number last night, maybe it's him, they seriously need to meet up and talk.

She sits up and grabs her phone to see Ryder's name pop up as the caller ID, she answers.

"Before you start, if this is the lecture involving me, Zion and my house, then I'm not in the mood to hear it."

"I was actually calling to see if we could go to the shack by the river."

"To have the lecture there?"

"No, I wanna get out the house, with all this stuff going on at home it'd be nice to go somewhere quiet."

"And you decide on the shack? We haven't been there since freshman year."

"It'll be nice to reminisce."

"You wanna remember the time you got so drunk that-"

"Can we please just go to the shack."

"Okay, I need to talk to you anyway, suppose that'll be a good place to do it." Lily laughs down the phone.

"Everything okay? Why are you laughing?"

"I'm reminiscing."

"I'll be there in ten." Ryder tells her before hanging up the phone, hearing Lily's laugh cut off as he does. Stupid shack.

***

Charon had parked the car a few houses down from this Lily's house, making sure he could see her front door and windows. He rings Zion again, and it goes to answering machine again.