Chapter Two

Present Time [MONDAY NIGHT]

Late at night in the woods of Wiccheden, Mordekai appears from a lightning bolt and Thaddeus forms himself from the river nearby.

"Is it clear?" Thaddeus asks  Mordekai.

"Brothers," Mordekai and Thaddeus turn to see Zion with a scowl, "what would you do without me? There were spirited nearby, but don't worry I sorted it." Zion says with a wink.

"Why are you here Zion?" Thaddeus asks, clear of emotion.

"I'm saddened by your hostility Thaddeus, I'm here to help of course, your looking for the newest taizo aren't you?" Zion asks smugly, already knowing the answer.

"Don't say anything Thad, he's only asking so he can find them and kill them before we get to them." Mordekai speaks.

"Such a lack of trust, Morde, what makes you think you I don't know already? What if I've already found the boy?" Zion taunts.

"Not possible, we've only recently found out about this one and all we've got is this potential location, there's no way you've found him already, he's protected." Thaddeus explains.

"Well, you may be right, but you could also be wrong, I can quite productive when I put my mind to something." Zion taunts again, looking directly into the eyes of Mordekai who shoots forward to attack his brother.

"I swear if you-" Mordekai shouts but is pulled back by Thaddeus.

"Mordekai, leave him. We need to keep focus." Thaddeus tells his brother.

"You know what, Thaddeus, you're right. Let's continue this hunt for the boy, see who comes out on top." Zion smirks before walking away from his brothers, further into the woods.

"We can't let him find the boy before us. There's too much at stake." Mordekai grumbles.

"He won't, he'll be too busy playing with the residents, he's just doing this to distract us so that we go after him instead of the boy. We need to stay focused." Thaddeus says.

"What if he knows that this one is a full blood, he might keep him for himself because of the rarity. I won't allow him this kind of power Thaddeus." Mordekai asks.

"It's unlikely he knows about that, we only know because of what we discovered. We just need to keep focused on locating the boy." Thaddeus says putting his hand on his brothers shoulder.

***
[TUESDAY]

The Next Day...

Ryder is lay fast asleep in bed till his alarm goes off waking him, he shuts it off straight away not wanting to be disturbed. He tries to go back to sleep but suddenly his bedroom door flies open.

"Ry, get out of bed. Your alarm's already gone off." Ryder's mom tells him. He groans in response.

"I'm serious Ry, if I don't hear you up and moving in the next five minutes you can make your own breakfast." Ryder's mom leaves his bedroom and he sluggishly gets out of bed.

---

Meanwhile...

"Kalani, are you up dear?" Lily's aunt asks, Lily shifts in the bed to place her pillow over her ears. The next thing Lily knows, the curtains are open and the light is attacking her eyes. She opens her eyes to see her aunt.

"Come on Kalani, you need to get out of bed now otherwise you won't have time for the breakfast drink I made you. It's got pomegranate that will keep your brain working for the rest of the day."

"I'll eat it on the way, just five more minutes..." Lily groans into her pillow.

"No, you must eat it here so it has time to settle on the way to your classes." Lily's aunt presses on.

Lily groans and sits up with a smile, "I'm up."

Lily's aunt smiles and leaves the room closing the door behind her, Lily lies back down on the bed.

***

Ryder leaves his house quickly not in the mood for his mom's change in behaviour, he knows she's hiding something and it's killing him.

Beside that though, as he steps up and to Tristan's car, he gets the sudden feeling that someone is watching him, he looks around and sees Lily's house, instantly wishing she would just come home already.

He climbs into Tristan's car greeting him.

"You okay Ry?" Tristan asks.

"Yeah, just tired." Ryder responds assuming it was just because he was missing Lily.

But little did he know, someone was in fact close by, watching him.