Chapter One

Flashback

August 15th 12th Century

Galilea runs to the Magdon household and knocks on the door, their father is at work so she let's her excitement get to her and shouts, "Zion! Come quick! Open the door!"

She hears movement behind the door and her smile picks up, but slight disappoint appears on her face when Thaddeus answers the door.

"Oh Thad, is Zion home?" she asks, looking behind him inside the house.

"No, he went out to the woods, is there something you needed?" Thaddeus asks seeing her eagerness to find his brother.

"Yes, quick! Get Mordekai, I have amazing news, we must go to Zion right away."  Galilea beams.

"But what about our father? If he comes home early to see we are all gone..." Thaddeus replies.

"That will be fixed after tonight, please you must trust me. Get Mordekai and meet me and Zion at his usual spot."

Galilea quickly runs away from the house and into the forest, leaving behind a confused Thaddeus who goes to get his brother.

She runs through the woods to Zion's usual spot, and slows down once she sees him not wanting to startle him, he's sat on a fallen tree with his head in his hands.

Sensing someone near he looks up to see Galilea, who straight away notices the bruise on his cheek and tears falling down his face.

"Zion, Oh my... look at what he did to you. Are you?..." Galilea asks broken-hearted that he is like this again.

Zion wipes his hands down his face to clear away all the tears and emotion he felt, he knew father would be home soon so part of him had come out here to hide while the other part just hated being in that house.

"I'm fine, what is it that you needed?" Zion asks as he looks to Galilea's face, which looks just as broken as he feels. Her face suddenly lights up remembering why she came.

"I'm here to give you freedom. My coven was given this spell by three deities promising power to those it is casted upon, we figured out the spell and I got what I need, now all there is to do is for me to give you this power." Galilea explains.

Zion stands up off the log, taking a moment to process this information, before thinking of his brothers, he wouldn't leave them with him.

"What of my brothers?" Zion asks, "I won't abandon them."

Galilea walks closer to him and takes his hands as she saw the haunted look in his eye, he feared for his older siblings.

"You don't have to, I can give them power too. They're on their way right now, I promise all of this will be over soon." Galilea says as she looks into his eyes, they hold each others gaze for a moment longer before Mordekai and Thaddeus arrive.

"Galilea, why have you called upon all of us?" Thaddeus asks making Galilea look towards him. She walks away from Zion and towards the middle of the three brothers.

"I can grant you great power, you know the legends of the Greek Gods..." the brothers nod except Zion who looks to the ground, "well that's the kind of power I can give you. These deities came to my coven explaining how the Gods had fallen so they decided to create more, ones with human qualities but the power of a God."

Mordekai steps forward and asks sceptically, "What is required of us?"

"First, I would have to place my hand with my blood on your back. Then I would recite the spell and you will have your power."