Rewrite the Stars {Demon!Genji x Angel!Reader}

The day was like any other. Laughing and screaming echoed throughout the field of roses as the children played in the grass and used sticks as horses, pretending to be cowboys or ninjas. (Y/N) was there to protect them; they were always watching over the sweet children of the village. If one got injured they would pick them up again. They would clean and cook; dance and play with the girls and boys until they fell asleep, but everything changed when (the fire nation attacked XD) Hell rose from the ground, bearing their teeth and snarling at the inhabitants of the village.

(Y/N) ran and took the children to a cave off the coast of the sea that split the land and sky apart. (Y/N)'s (H/L) (H/C) hair blew in the wind as the sea roughly tore away at the side of the cliff. They felt the ground shake as they shielded the children from harm with their wings spread to dismiss any rocks or other harmful objects from hitting the children. They hissed in pain and fell to their knees when the fighting came to a stop. There was no noise. No fear. No happiness. Nothing...

They tried to get up again, but their head felt heavy. It pulled them closer to the ground and made them feel violently sick. They heard nothing once more, nothing but their thoughts in their own head swimming around like fish in a bowl. No one was coming to save them. No one was willing to save the children. No one had survived. What used to be village was now rubble and the metallic smell of blood wafted through the air. No one could've prepared an angel for this. They heard heavy footsteps come towards them, and a hand was placed on their shoulder.

There was no noise as a burning sensation was placed on their back, making them fall to the floor. They thought this was it. They would get to the children and it would all be over. But in the eye rests the devil's key. They heard something before blacking out completely. The darkness taking over their vision, leaving them in a restless sleep.

"Ryūjin no ken wo kurae!"

~(Y/N)'s P.O.V~

I woke up to someone carrying me, the noise of children trailing behind me. They were safe. That's all that mattered for now. I wondered who saved me so I opened my eyes ever so slightly, the sun shining in my eyes and temporarily blinding me. As my vision came into focus, I locked eyes with a mask. It seemed to be mocking the devil name; it's bulging red eyes and snarling teeth, seemingly hostile but calm at the same time. I smiled softly as the stranger stopped to put me down. I stood up and sighed. "Thank you for saving us. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." I held my hand out and smiled brightly, waiting for an introduction in return. After a few seconds, I felt a hand interlock with mine and shake it. "Genji Shimada."

That name hit me like a ton of bricks. Genji Shimada. The Shimada clan was an aristocratic demon family. I remember I ran into Hanzo. He was well built and a threat to man kind. Though his brother seemed... Different. He was kind and caring, unlike his counterpart. I felt an instant connection; but I knew I could never be with him. Could I?

While I was thinking, I realised I had come to a halt. My feet were unmoving. I was staring at the dirt path beneathe me; the fresh spring air carrying leaves across the wind. It was starting to get dark, and the children were getting tired, so we set up camp so we could rest. In stories demons were threatening, like black swans to white; Odette and Odile. But of course they were just stories. Weren't they?

I was confused. But I didn't care. But he did something unexpected. He gently took my hand. He held it protectively and I relaxed. My eyes were fixed on his as he took off his mask, revealing glowing hazel orbs. I was mesmurised. He stared back into my (e/c) eyes and I blushed softly. I was about to let go when he stopped me.

"You know I want you... It's not a secret I try to hide... I know you want me... So don't keep saying our hands are tied..." I stared at him, he was talk- singing to me... It was beautiful. But I just let go of his hand and walked the other way, going to a tree to rest for the night. Before I could, I was pulled back by Genji and into his chest.

"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were meant to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find." I looked up at the night sky before blushing and shaking my head. This wasn't real. He was just trying to trick me. Right?

"It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we're meant to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours... Tonight."

I smiled softly and giggled, looking up at him with a mischievous glare. Two can play at this game. "You think it's easy. You think I don't want to run to you. But there are mountains. And there are doors that we can't walk through..." I took a step back and sighed.

"I know you're wondering why... Because we are able to be, just you and me... Within these walls. But when we go outside... You're going to wake up and see it was hopeless after all..." I looked up into his eyes and caressed his cheek before turning away.

"No one can rewrite the stars. How can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart! And I'm not the one you were meant to find... It's not up to you! It's not up to me!" I turned around to face him before walking towards him.

"When everyone tells us what we can be... How can we rewrite the stars? Say the world can be ours... Tonight."

At that moment we held each others hands and sang to each other in a melody. "All I want is to fly with you! All I want is to fall with you! So just give me all of you!"

"It feels impossible!"

"It's not impossible!"

"Is it impossible?"

"Say that it's possible!"

"How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine... Nothing can keep us apart... 'Cause you're the one I was meant to find." He put his arms around my waist as I put my arms around his neck.

"It's up to you! And it's up to me! And why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours!"

"You know I want you... It's not a secret I try to hide... But I can't have you... We're bound to break and my hands are tied..."

He stared into my eyes and leaned in before giving me a gentle kiss.