Panic Room {Moira x Experiment!Reader}

(Just a small one for now 💛)

A cold gust of wind flew through the building, the silence almost deafening as her slender fingers slowly tapped the desk with slight discomfort and boredom. It had been a long, tiring day of testing the genetic material of many subjects, she was absolutely exhausted and her discomfort only grew as she heard the howling of the wind pass through her lab, sending a shiver down the thin woman's spine. She finally rose to her feet, flicking her ginger locks back as her eyes darted to the last experiment room. Her grin grew wide as she walked over to inspect the subject.

The scientist had grown fond of this subject, the fact they knew they belonged to her made her body quiver with excitement. She would never admit it, but she liked how sometimes they would try to fight back, only to be met with immediate failure. She had completely broken them, and she felt proud of herself for doing so, she felt achieved with them. She did not get the same satisfaction with other lab rats, but the patient soul behind the door never ceased to amaze her. The woman who lied beyond this door was broken, but would listen to Moira when she needed to talk, console her when needed; her kind nature was not forgotten with her conditioning.

As the door unlocked, the sound of her was unleashed, her small wails of pain disturbed the geneticist. Was she too harsh with the last round of injections? Did the medication not work? Did she inject her with something else entirely? Her head spun around with possible questions and answers. She took a sharp breath before walking in to see nothing was out of the ordinary except the girl's shaking body in the corner of the room, facing away from the taller woman.

As she slowly made her way to her side, there were noticeable changes in her demeanour. Hey eyes, once a (E/C) were now pitch black, nothing similar in them. Remarkably, she still had the ability of sight, gazing at Moira as she crept nearer; she made Moira's blood run cold. Her tears were made of pitch-black liquid, staining her rosy cheeks as her voice crumbled trying to speak. "... Moira?" She asked weakly before holding her hand out to her, wanting to talk to her. She wanted reassurance she would be ok, reassurance Moira couldn't give.

However, she took her hand softly and kneeled next to her, making sure the door was closed before doing so. She seemed in so much pain with her laboured breathing and her weak grip. As she started to fall from her hands, Moira caught her frail body softly, cradling it in her arms before starting to brush a few strands of (H/C) from her pained expression and sighed. "Don't worry dear, you'll be fine. It will only last an hour or two." Moira lied, trying to get the woman in her arms to calm down. It worked slightly, but for how long?

Hours turned over painfully as the two women stayed in complete silence, holding each other comfortingly. The room was dead silent but they liked it that way, both curled up with each other in a loving and almost maternal way. It would take a while but the smaller woman finally fell into a deep sleep and was laid on the bed by the doctor, her face contemplating and worried. However, things couldn't last...

She walked out and wrote a few words on her papers before walking away from the desk. The time was silent until morning rolled over, the hacker coming to visit but seeing no one in sight. She checked the desks for any indication to what happened until she came across the papers for a woman. Her (E/C) bright with a smile adorned across her face. The frantic scribbles across the page in bold, black writing. Her blood ran cold, the thoughts of what could have happened stained in her mind as she tried to find Moira.

She found her next to the woman who resembled the picture, her hands shaking and her body cold. The bags under her eyes darker than they ever had been while her cheeks glistened with tears. A syringe thrown across the room, empty and steaming as the woman laid in her arms. They both stood there in silence, remorseful and quiet.

"Experiment 18: Failure."