Chapter 25: Ring

Chapter 25: Ring

I check my book bag for my mase, and once I found it, I get situated to run. What's the use of driving and getting fat when you can run or walk to school? I don't know about you, but I rather stay fit.

I arrive at the High School with just a little time for my first class to begin. School, just another building with lots of faces to me. The thing I hated about school was waking up so early when studies show that the brain isn't fully awake until 12:00.

Well, at least I think. For me it is. When I walk into the school it was almost empty. This was like the tenth day of school and there's already people ditching.

My locker was on the far side of the school, so I run. I could get in trouble, or I could be late. I'd rather get in trouble for running than being late any day.

If you're late, my first period teacher will yell at you. I make it to my locker and quickly do my combination.

Left: 36, right: 49, left: 6. I open it and grab my notebook and my sketch pad. I shut it and walk to first period.

When I walk in the classroom, Mrs. Constance begins. "Bell work is on the board." I look and see a list of words. She walks to the front of the room. The bell rang as students fled in.

"Why can't you guys make it to class on time? You're all in the eleventh grade and seventeen years old." I raise my hand. "I'm sixteen."

She turns to me. "Chloe's sixteen and she's more responsible than some of you in here." I grin. I might have thought wrong about her. My mind went blank.

"Okay, in your notebooks, number your paper and write these words as shown. Then write the word in Spanish next to the other." Did I mention that this was Spanish class?

I wanted to take French, but our school doesn't teach it. French is better than spanish. It's sexy. I jot down the English words and sit there.

Someone taps on my shoulder. I turn to see who it is. It was Larry. "Long time, no see." he says. "yeah, but do you know these?" I ask. He shook his head.

"You know what I do know?" I shake my head. "I know that you like me." I blush. There was nothing I could say. I was astounded.

"I do, but I uh, I've got a boyfriend." I tell him. he shrugs. "you always have a boyfriend." I do, don't I? "I've held a steady relationship for about four years now."

"Wow." I grin. "It's harder than you think." I turn back around to look at the board. The words were still written on it. Lazily, I pull out my sketch pad.

The only problem was that I didn't want to draw. I don't feel like doing anything. The clock taunted me. It's noise mocking every second I look at it.

I hated it. Class was so boring, but it didn't have to be. I slide out my phone and put in my earbuds. We are allowed to have our phones out once we finished our work. I was nowhere close to done.

Netflix was loading when Mrs. Constance started reviewing, and I had to put everything up. I copy down the right answers as she writes then on the board.

I can't believe that I passes Spanish last year. All I could think about was getting home. The clock, still ticking and tocking, gets louder.

The bell should ring any second. It's always late. I gather my things together and wait. When the loud bell finally rings, I jump. Larry chuckled. "Scared by a school bell." I look up at him as I pick up my stuffs. "It was loud."