Chapter 11: Congrats

Chloe's Point Of View:

We sit at the table at our grandparent's house. Makayla walks in. "They are bringing the cake in." She says before my mom and her mom come walking with two different cakes. I can't believe my mom and them are actually getting along.

They sit the cakes side by side. There wasn't a lot of people to show up so it was mostly family. Her friend, Catherine, from New York got to come in. She is so happy. Catherine sat beside Makayla.

I smile. We sing Happy birthday and Symantha and I try to harmonize. It's kind of a funny story. Then she blows out the candles. I look at Symantha. She had a worried look on her face. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing."

She was hiding something. Liam probably proposed. I smile. "Okay." My mom walks in and stands behind my chair. "Do you need something?" I ask. "No." She says.I smirk at her.

Symantha giggles. I look at Their mom, who was now cutting cake with dental floss. "Why do you do that?" Catherine asks. "It's easier." My mom says.

"And it keeps your teeth clean." I say bursting out laughing. But I was the only one laughing. "Stupid crickets." I yell. Then they laugh. I grin.

At 8:00, Symantha suggests we go home. "Bye guys." I say waving. We walk to the car and go. When we get home, we just quietly watch tv. We watch A Walk To Remember. In the middle of the movie, she began to cry. "What's wrong?" I ask. "My stomach hurts, it's been hurting all day." I was shocked.

"Maybe you're going in labor." I suggest. "No, I will not have this baby without Liam." I snicker. "You can't control it." I ensure her.

I heard on the tv. "Our love is like the wind: you can't see it, but you can feel it." I look at the tv. "This movie is so sad." I mutter. She starts to moan and groan. "I'm calling." I say. "No." She manages.

"I may not've been around a preggers chick in labor but I gotta feeling." I say before picking up my cell phone and calling '911.'

"I'm fine." She says. "911, what's your emergency?" I start the act. "My cousin is in labor. We need an ambulance, quick." My voice was panicky I tell them our names, the address, and hang up.

I look at the time. "11:11, make a reasonable wish." I say. "I wish this was over with." I shake my head. She lays back and closes her eyes. I sit beside her. "Don't worry, it'll be over with soon." I hope. It was kind of funny watching her. Like five minutes later, the flashing lights finally appear.

They bring the stretcher in and put her on it. It was happening too fast for me. "What the fu-udge." I mutter. Somebody calmly escorts me to the albulance. How can they be calm? They took her out in a stretcher. Stretchers are not for calm situations. Symantha's not calm, I'll tell you that. She's telling them that she's not ready and false alarm, but she'll groan in between excuses.

Harry's Point Of View:

"Calm down." I say. "I can't, Harry. What if she dies?" I sigh and put a hand through my hair. "Symantha's not going to die." I look at Luke. "I gotta go baby, I love you. Yes,I'll call you back when I get done." I hang up on Chloe.

Luke and I walk to the stage. I welcome all the faces watching me. "Hello." I speak in my microphone. "This is the last performance of the night. How do you feel?" I ask. They make weird faces and some are crying.

Michael yells. "Dirtbag!" The music begins to play. We sing Teenage Dirtbag. Once we're done, I run backstage. They all follow me. I pull Liam away from everybody. "Symantha's having the baby." I say.

"We gotta go." I shook my head. "We can't." He begins to tear up. "Why not?" I then say. "We're in Texas." He is so emotional.

I call Chloe. "Hey, babe." She says calmly. I put it on speaker. "What's going on?" I ask. "I don't know. I'm in the bathroom." Liam looks nervous. "I'm going back now." She says.

We wait a minute in silence. She gasps and the line goes out. "Chloe? I say. "Chloe?" I mutter. Liam wipes away his tears. "It's okay, bro." I say. The boys look at us with weird faces.

Chloe sent me a text. It was a picture. I give my phone to Liam. I smile before tearing up myself. "It's a girl." Liam reads her text. Then he smiles.

The boys run over to see the picture of a baby bundled up in a pink blanket. Liam handed my phone back to me. "What's her name?" Louis asks. "I don't know." I say.

I ask Chloe over text. She texts back the name in all caps.