Chapter 1

----
My eyes burned. I sat there in the dark room consumed by artificial light. I rather be here soaking in the machine made light all alone than be outside with the rest of the world. I sat at the computer calculating what angle to shoot the last player of the opposite team. Bang! You win!
I stood stretching, pushing aside trash and dirty clothing. What people don't get about me is the fact that I never step outside. I turned off the computer. I ran my hands across the computer table searching for the familiar feeling of cold metal. When I did, I grabbed the iPod making my way through the darkness to my bed.
I prefer to not have to endure all the emotions that come with interactions, its all much simpler to live in your own little world. Yet I still don't think about it. Once I graduated high school, I moved out of my home away from my family to a small apartment using the money I earned throughout the years with random jobs and from birthday/holiday gifts. Generous part time jobs they were. Oddly. How I survive now? My parents, who finally decided to worry about me, started sending me money once I moved out..
An adult living off her parents suitable right? No. Of course not. You see today is my last day without worrying about the world outside. My parents found me a job through "connections". Lovely, yes?
Tomorrow. What an ending to my peace.
.....
Just turn the page...