Chapter 23

I clenched my eyes with irritation. When will these damn girls just leave the damn class alone! I can't take a damn break. Seriously! It's not like Gokudera or Yamamoto are going to notice then anytime soon. Gokudera's a jerk and Yamamoto has the ability to think that Tsuna and the mafia a big game.
"Get to your classes please", I politely stated before I was harshly pushed to the side.
Okay, we're far beyond this point, "GET TO YOUR DAMN CLASSES! HEY YOU GIRL! YES YOU! You're at the wrong school, NOW GET OUT BEFORE I SHOOT YOU DOWN FOR TRESPASSING!"
Most dispersed but some remained, the obsessed and the snobby, the girls who stay until things get serious (it means when Hibari comes with tonfas). I slid out the paint gun. There were some third years and second years staring back at me. One of my classmates stepped forward, "Nika, I get it you want impress your boyfriend, but you don't have to ruin our love lives to do so."
"What love life", I crunched through my grinding teeth.
"Exactly, now leave us alone and go wander off to that boy of yours and like make lov-"
I shot her there. She collapsed with a screech, red paint dripping down her shirt.
"Anyone else care for a shot? No? Okay then", I whispered through my clenched teeth.
They scrambled off quickly as I grabbed the collar of my classmate's shirt to drag her to class.
---
I slid the door open to the Disciplinary Committee Room. Surprise, surprise, all the goons are skipping class.
I suppose my dark radiating soul scared them off, as the disappeared in an instance.
My hand met Hibari's desk as I whispered with irritation, "Hibari, they're taking this dating thing too far."
"I've heard. Apparently you have a kid now too." He casually muttered as he continued to doze off.
"What the hell, the students here are crazy. You. You don't even stand at the gate anymore. I have to get rid all those trespassers that get in."
"Hmm." His eyes shut as shallow breathing started to sound.
I was beyond livid, as I stupidly grabbed his collar.
"Don't you dare sleep on me." I growled pulling him up. His metallic grey eyes flashed open. My eyes were staring into the dark depth of evil. Liquid death. I released the collar as cool metal touched my chin. I merely stared back, unable to remove eye contact or blink, for it would give him time to move.
---
Hot breath brushed against my cheek as I stared into Nika's face. What made her think she could wake me up like that. Her brown eyes stared back unblinking.
"Oh Nika, you know better. Don't wake me up, unless you want to get bitten to death."
She scoffed, irritated. Hm? Normally, she runs away about now. She must be pretty serious as of now, seems like it's a good time to get a fight. I blinked.
A click sounded and smooth metal caressed my cheek. Ah, she's in a fighting mood today. It's been a long time since that happened. A smirked etched itself across my face.
Her brown irises disappeared as she blinked and I brought my legs up kicking her back. A cough was heard as Nika was forced backwards. Her feet automatically positioned themselves to land and send a kick instantly.
She fires her gun making me jump back.
I brought my tonfa up hitting the pellet causing it to splatter against my weapon. I paused staring my stained weapon.
---
A dark glow erupted from Hibari and I cringed at the sight as well. He lunged towards me swinging the stained tonfa down. I automatically brought up my weapon and used it as a block and swung my foot up hitting his other hand. Using the force of the hits, I jumped back into the hallway.
I aimed my gun at the doorway. The moment I saw his figure I shot. A red splatter marked his face. Strands of hair were covered in goop. He sighed reaching up for his face. I let a barage of pellets to coat him and quickly absconded.
My weapon is currently a paint gun and my combat skills. Hibari's are tonfas and his combat skills. It's only the intelligent decision. One person could create a mess and bruises, the other can cause death.
Why I don't carry around a real gun,...I don't know. I really should though. I pondered as my footsteps echoed lightly in the empty hallways.
Perhaps, how easy it is to take a life with a gun. Hm, what a disgusting weapon. Just a movement of a finger is the cost of a life.
I burst onto the roof and turned to climb up the door onto the structure that covered the stairs. I peered down waiting for Hibari to appear. He didn't so I sat back. Staring back to the paint gun in my hand. Hibari uses a weapon that does ensure death, but death could be caused by it. A death by tonfas can be brutal as a victim lies with a bruise covered body and a caved in head. By gun, a person can be littered with holes laying in a pool of their own blood perhaps never ever know who shot them. Explosives, a single ignition, and a victim has their body torn up to bits. Swords, fire, their all so brutal.
Why is it so easy to hurt someone, but so hard to heal them. A shot could happen within a second, but the recovery could take a year and still have remaining damage. A hand sliced off with a sword within a liver of time, no problem patched up but to never use a hand again. Scars, trauma, a single paper cuts. I cannot think of a healing process that can occur in the timespan of a bullet being shot or a fire being ignited. There's Reborn's bullets though.
I was now on my back staring into the cloudless blue skies. What a beautiful, disgusting world. I shut my eyes.
My mind wondered back to Hibari, where was he now? Oh, he must be seriously pissed. Whatever, I'll enjoy this life as I can. A thought passed over me, Hibari's face when he got hit with that barrage of red was hilarious though. A shadow passed over quickly, but suddenly halted as I let out a laugh. Hm. When was the last time I laughed? That must've been a long time ago. It feels nice.
My eyes parted slightly to see Hibari staring down at me.
Oh, damnit. I sat up, waiting for a barage of attacks, but instead I felt a cool goopy liquid drip down my head and body. I reached up and brushed my face. My hand was smeared in shiny blue paint. I suppose my face was extremely appalled because of the fact that Hibari's lips quirked up a bit and letting out a small laugh.
...oh my god
Oddly, that made my chest burn with something and my heart felt it was working overmode. I swung my leg at his the moment he had let out that small snicker and he had to stumbled back to avoid it. I grabbed his jacket and pulled him to the ground. I let my blue hand smear against his red face, distracting myself from the intense heat in my face.
"Purple, is that why you took so damn long." I questioned.
"I believe it to be fair as you ruined my uniform and my tonfas. Be glad I didn't bite you to death."
His hand shot out rubbing my face smearing the paint into a purple mess.
"What the-No!" I spluttered through the paint.
I stood up and suddenly stared at the ground with a sigh. Hibari stood up and looked at the floor as well it was covered in paint.
I picked the can of blue paint and turned to walk away. I can only imagine the Disciplinary Committee Room.
We both entered the with mutual agreement of the work that needed to be done. We parted ways to do what was needed. I entered the art room to return the can of blue...there was a class. The student stared at me as placed the on the nearest shelf.
"So that's why Hibari barged in like that, I thought I was gonna die."
"Hey wasn't the paint blue and Hibari red?...Why is her face purple?"
Some the girls began to whisper excitedly with gossip. Great, it's never ending.
Hibari strode through the hallway to reach his room, but he heard the whispers of two students in the hallway.
"You think he has a paint fetish?"
Bloodcurdling screams echoed the school immediately.
Reborn smirked at the blissful ignorance of two students.
"It shall be done."