Chapter 27

My face was stiff as my eyes opened with slight difficulty. The tonfas gleamed silver in the morning light, that's right, I still had to fix them.
'Nika.'
My eyes swept the room, I was alone.
"Yes Jillian?" I answered,  gradually getting up and disturbing the silence of the room.
She did not reply as I tinkered with the weapons. My head and body feeling unusually dazed, I felt lost only knowing the task at hand. The date, day, and time were irrelevant as I spaced out. My mind searched for something. Hibari had left for the school, I knew. I wasn't thinking of him that much. I couldn't place a finger on it. I felt like ...I was missing something, forgetting something. Something
I was tired, so very tired.  My eyes struggled to stay awake as I finished. I was consumed by sleep once more.
---
I had given the tonfas back to Hibari, he approved. Of course. Chain tonfas.

'Nika.'
"Jillian? I don't feel so good."
I got up ignoring the fact that school hadn't even started yet, and made my way home. My insides, my mind, my body all felt as if it were dragging, stuck in motion. I passed out, sleeping for the entirety of day, waking up only to find a rising sun pulling through the distant skyline as I walked along the street.
Did I really sleep that long?
No reply.
"Jilian?"
'-et more sleep'
"Really, more?"
My head slowly began to fill with knives, as my stomach swirled intensely. My hands clutched at the walls hoping to make it home quickly.
Each step was filled with lead and each breath with needles of ice. The sky was no longer a golden color, but fading into a dark indigo. The air of danger slowly seeped into the environment, and the oncoming darkness set me once again into the memory of the alley .
Tsuna's home is closer, I need to make  it there. After half an hour, of painful trudging under the light of streetlamps and stars, I had made it. At which point, I collapsed as I stared into the pitch black eyes of an infant sitting in the upper window.
---
"Tsuna, go pick up the mail."
"But, I already did."
"Tsuna."
"Ehh, okay okay."
Moments later a worried shout rang out, "Nika!"
Reborn had figured out now, her headache attacks, her advanced abilities as a teenager, and her peculiar developments, they were related. He didn't know how, but they were.
Nika was placed onto the bed, as Reborn looked over her. Others in the home rushed to and fro preparing items.
"Ah", a small yet curt noise of recognition left Reborn's mouth, "I see now."
"Tsuna, tell the others to stop worrying she'll be fine in an hour."
"Eh, but", Tsuna started.
"Don't worry, close the door on your way out though."
---
Reborn sat alone as silence engulfed the room.
His voice shattered the silence, "I see you and your family are still tampering with alternate dimensions, how cruel."
"We're not cruel, at least not this time", The bodyless voice echoed slightly in the room.
"Really, how so?" Reborn inquired with increasing intensity.
"The person we chose to come here this time to try had no life to begin with, anyways she already died in her previous universe."
"That's new."
"It is."
"I assume she hasn't tried on the ring yet", Reborn asked.
"Of course not, she's still walking and talking isn't she?"
"You should let this one live then, she has made a life for herself in this world."
"No, this one needs to try the ring on just like the rest of them", the voice shot back angrily.
"Remember you told me once, a long time ago, you never felt bad killing people because they already had a life in another world."
"..yes, I did."
"You said it yourself, this one didn't have a life to begin with, let her live."
"I've become a bit desensitized
My My Reborn I've never seen you so intent on something, why?"
"She is part of the Vongola Famiglia now, and there some people here who wouldn't be so happy to see her leave."
"I know, no promises."
"Hm, still as cruel as always. Especially when her mind is practically purging memories of her old life to the point of collapse, you know. Just going to let her suffer."
There was no reply.
Reborn sighed while looking down at Nika.
"Nika, at this point, you're going to forget everything and this life too. Tsuna's not going to like that."
Neither would Hibari, especially Hibari.
Reborn knew it would paint an ugly picture. He could feel Hibari's presense appear by the window as he said the last two lines of the conversation, the reason why the bodyless voice cease to speak. Reborn sighed at this point, the two kids wouldn't even know they're so obvious feelinsgs if it continues.
---
Purging memories? Forget everything? What did he mean by 'this life'? Hibari continued on with confusion and a mixture unplaceable emotions. A sigh of frustration was released as he hurried off on his way.