Chapter 18

Japanese
Italian
English
Emphasis

---

It was 3:30 PM, only an hour and a half left.
I leaned against the top story window staring down.
I was the lookout overseeing the distant and the first wall of defense. The long distant shots. Kaori stood on the second floor scanning the treetops, second wall of defense. The midway defense. Aki-sensei stood on ground floor. The last line of defense.
"I still don't see anyone. Are you sure they aren't holed up in another building somewhere?"
"Of course I'm sure! That team is 100% offensive."
"Are you positive?"
---
4:45PM
"Aki-sensei we literally have 15 minutes left are you sure their coming. I mean they could win by just waiting it out. They have more kills them we do. A lot more."
The was a silence.
"Akira? I think she's right."
"Their terrifying though!"
"So you were scared...why I oughta."
I had stood there at my post, for almost 10 hours scrutinizing every detail of the terrain for 29 year olds who weren't going to show u-
A shadow caught my eye.
I pushed myself away from the window to avoid a paintball sailing through the window.
I threw myself back, immediately finding my target and shot my first paintball.
"They're here and coming up quickly."
I started firing shots at the twins but they kept jumping and avoiding the shots.
Tch.
I pulled the sniper rifle up and added the cartridge of paintballs.
They're too fast to hit.
I thought back to my old video games.
Pff- tehahaha.
I studied the speed and seemingly random directions they were running in.
What is random?
There is only a limited number of probability. Its either left, right, and straight, they're turning.

Using my height advantage over them I scanned the trail they were running.
I saw a bundle of trees growing together unlike the others.
That would eliminate straight leaving only left and right. When deciding left or right humans generally choose what is most comfortable with themselves.

I started to aim to the left side of the tree, the enemies' right side.

I saw Angela rapidly approach the trees. Wait.
Hurriedly I asked, "Aki! Is Angela right handed?"
"No, w-"
I quickly calculated her height and speed. I swung harshly to the right of tree and fired. The bullet approached the tree as she swung to her left...my right. I watched the bullet knowing fully well that I missed my target. When I moved the sniper rifle over, it had tilted slightly downwards. I watched it as it missed her head, hitting part of her neck.
"Damn it!"
I should of figured her dominant hand first. Hehehe. That was so stupid of me assuming she was right handed. At least I hit her.
I looked back and froze, seeing Angela stand still, touching the paint on her neck. She was looking at her fingertips and then looked up to me. She gave me a smile and began to run again.

...Where was her brother?

I felt an ominous feeling rush over me. I jumped back and a paintball scraped past my bangs and hit my cheek.
"ACH! Ughhhh."
That hurt. There is going to be an intense bruise there, not to mention swelling. Well...can't be helped.
I clicked the earpiece.
"Ughhhh. Good game guys. I'm out."
"Nikaaaaa!"
"GG!!"
"Shut up and fight. Ahh I hate snipers. Why head shots?"
I stood up wiping the green off my cheeks. I leaned out the window and spotted the twin.
"I hate you! Why the cheek?! Nice shot by the way!"
He looked my way and his cheeks puffed out trying to hold in laughter.
My face must look messed.
I picked up the sniper rifle I had dropped and looked back at my killer, who was now laughing hysterically.
I grew ticked and raised the rifle up shooting him at his side knocking him out of the tree.
No I wasn't violating any rules.
It said no serious fighting between famiglias.
A bell rang out calling the end of the battle. Yeah. They won. That was fun I guess.
---
I exited the building meeting up with Kaori and Aki-sensei who already stood outside with Angela. As I approached the group, Geon clambered out of the bushes towards them as well.
Kaori took a look at me and burst out laughing.
Aki-sensei and Angela curious looked over as well and turned away to contain their laughter.
Growing annoyed I burst out in my native language.
"Do I really look that funny!"
"Yes."
Geon answered as the rest couldn't.
I sighed.
He started laughing too.
I let an annoyed sound.
"Lighten up shortie. We don't need you to shoot more people."
"What do you mean?" Aki-sensei asked.
"She's exactly like you! Hahaha! I bet she's going to pull out the loop hole too."
Aki-sensei cringed.
"Are you?"
"Yes I am."
"Like Teacher like student."
Angela sighed, wiping away a tear.
"Let's head back."
---
I stood in a dress amongst a crowed annoyed. A dark purple bruise adorned my cheek.
"Pipsqueak."
I sighed preparing myself to endure another conversation.
"Hello."
Angela stood in front of me with a smile.
"Finally I get to speak with the first person to shoot me in the past 3 battles."
"First?"
"Yea. Hahaha. Surprised me for a moment. How's your cheek?"
"It's fine."
I slightly brushed it at the thought.
"Congratulations on your win by the way."
"Thank you!"
"So I hear from Akira you've been quite a student."
"I guess so. He's been quite the teacher."
"As many here would expect. He mentioned you aren't joining the Crearma Famiglia. Why did you ask him to teach you then?"
"You know Reborn?"
"The hitman? Yea."
"Currently his student supposedly is a candidate to become the boss of a certain famiglia. I was somewhat forced into the family."
"Reborn is quite intense tutor well."
Angela paused for a moment thinking.
"If you don't mind me asking...which famiglia?"
I thought about it for a second.
"If don't know much about the situation, so I prefer not to answer."
Angela smiled.
"That's respectable. Well if you need help in the future you can come to us after all you're basically one of us now."
I let a small smile appear.
"Sure."
---
"Nikaaaaa, hurry up. I want to get back before 2. Sleep is important."
"Wait."
I lifted the bag onto the helicopter and sat down.
"Have you no patience."
---
I missed you bed.
I plopped down and winced when my cheek was pushed against the pillow. I rolled around onto my back and stared at the familiar roof and fell asleep.