Chapter 26

"Nika." My name left Hibari's lips softly, but the feeling of bloodlust was overwhelming.
"I'm sorry", I whispered back before barricading my apartment door.
I totally screwed up, I know I rushed the job. I couldn't stand the thought of weapons in the current that I am.
I know for a fact the man dead in the alley way won't be the list one to be killed by me, a sniper. I just can't think not right now.
"Nika, fix them right now", the voice was slightly raised.
On the other hand you couldn't just leave Hibari with those tonfas. They meant a lot to him.
"NIKA!" The voice echoed and nearly passed.
Oh lord he yelled. I never heard Hibari yell before. That is fantastic, I am terrified.
"Nika." This time his voice was extremely and right next to my ear. I turned around, my legs trembling.
His eyes pierced mine. He opened hia mouth.
"What's wrong?"
I blinked confused, "What?"
"Why are you acting so frantic and overly emotional in the past days, what's wrong?"
I blanked out.
"Nika." He once again said my name and walked me over to the couch.
Did Hibari ever kill anyone?
Mafia, such a cruel world the heaven chose for me to endure and commit these sins and atrocities. Why put me in this world, for I to take out another life? Why do they want me in a world which I kill others so easily? Is it my fault that I chose this path? Jillian?
No reply.

"Nika." Hibari held my face in the palm of his hands forcing my eyes to connect with his "if you're not going to tell me than fine, I already know."
My body jolted as my heart thumped faster.
"How?"
"This is Nanimori and I am Hibari. I know everything."
I couldn't bear to look in his eyes any longer and squeezed them shut.
A hushed tone and a gentle wind brushed my ear, "It's okay."

In that instance, something wet ran down my cheek. I opened my eyes in shock. With a disbelieving laugh I murmured, "I'm crying."
What is this? When was the last time I cried? It was a long time ago? Why does it feel so good to cry? I could no longer hold in anything, tears and sniffles.

I didn't care.
---
Hibari didn't know what to do.
However whatever was in control wasn't his mind and he found himself holding the girl close to him in a hug. Her tears getting soaked on his chest, his hand rubbing her back and words lowly leaving his lips. He's never done this before. His family didn't seemed to be held together by affection but by respect. This by far, was the most intimate thing he has done, but he didn't understand fully why he was doing this. A weird feeling one he never experienced before overtook his body.
Nika, a girl that transformed so much within so little time. The old Nika he knew would have never cried or panicked. She seemed like she was growing, or rather humanizing before his eyes.
It seemed the opposite for Hibari. The once young and innocent boy had seen far too much to turn back.
This seemingly normal, boring town is far from it. He couldn't protect himself so now he must protect Nanimori. He let one slip through. He had failed so he must work harder.
Keep the town safe, keep the people safe, keep the school safe, and keep his friends safe.
Keep the blood from staining their hands.
Nika twitched and breaking his thoughts. Hibari looked down, she had cried herself to sleep. He ran his hand through her bangs, pushing it away from her face.

Was the feeling he was feeling guilt? It must be. But it feels different, guilt with something else?

Her eyes were swollen and cheeks flushed. The light coming from the window shone through.

"Nika, I'm sorry."

He had failed Nanimori and you.

---
A/n I am so irresponsible, I apologize. At first I wrote a chapter, but it didn't feel right, it wasn't fit. So I erased it. Glad I did. Then I got sidetracked, no excuses there.
For some reason this wouldn't show up on the other chapter so I moved it here.

Namimori: Reborn (KHR Fanfic) *Discontinued*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें