Two: Reaffirm the powerful bonds between the daimyo and Konoha. That was a Konoha-exclusive mission, but was still essential in order to keep up appearances.

Three: Prevent the assassination attempts on Nebu. Madara and I were prepared for Nebu to take the throne. It would be disadvantageous for us if his less predictable siblings ascended in his place. In addition, it would make number two easier.

I felt Obito's chakra flicker before he began to repress it. Kakashi followed suite, along with Juar.

Our group had reached the halls of the banquet and the servants bowed lowly to us, their foreheads touching the ground. "Welcome, honored guests."

Kanako smiled prettily at them. "Kanata Kanako, with Senju Naasica."

"Our daimyo requested a guardian accompany Senju-hime," one of the servants murmured. "Please forgive us, honored guests, but he is not here, yet."

Kanako's face morphed into fake irritation. "Where is he?"

"I apologize for the wait," Rabu murmured from behind us. I cocked my head, not bothering to turn around fully to face him. He was dressed in the formal guardian attire, a katana slung around his belt and a cocky smile on his lips. He brushed past Obito and Kakashi, and both boys remained neutral-faced, even when Rabu offered his hand to me. "My princess."

I unfurled my tessen, hiding a fake smile behind it and batting my eyes. "Rabu-kun? You will be my escort?"

His smile stretched a bit wider. "Yes. Daimyo-sama wished for only the best to watch over our precious princess."

I took his hand, noting they were smooth. He must have gone through great pains to keep the calluses off his hands. His fingers curled around my hand and he lowered his lips to the top side of my hand. After the chaste kiss he straightened back up and gestured towards the servants.

The servants rose as one and opened the door.

Warmth, laughter, and jovial string music permeated my senses. The banquet hall was large, larger than any building in Konoha. It stretched out like a long rectangular box with gold, red, and black colors dominating most of it. There were nearly a hundred expensive-looking statues and paintings.

There were numerous heavy-looking, elegantly carved, dark tables and chairs placed around the room, although no one dared to sit in them until the daimyo made his appearance. Instead, many men and women mingled about one another, although the majority of the women were stationary due to their heavy kimonos. They fanned themselves, whispering likely venomous words to one another as they eyed their surroundings. In contrast, the men were boisterous and constantly moving about.

Kanako was the first to step through, her head held high. As soon as she stepped through the door and reached the first step to descend into the banquet, many heads were turning to look at her. I saw a plethora of men clamor to meet her at the bottom, and numerous women eyeing the men with jealousy. I waited for Kanako to finish climbing down the stairs and guide her lovesick sheep away before I took my first step in.

Eyes immediately rested upon me, and more than a few conversations fell silent. I lowered my fan, snapping it shut and offering the crowd below me a charming smile.

It set many at ease, and I saw smiles on their faces as I descended with Rabu holding my hand.

Some of the smiles were not nice, I noted.

Some of them were smiles of monsters.

Will I hunt tonight? I wondered. It would be so easy to, with the chaos of the banquet in full swing.