The Rebel Flesh Pt. 1

Loud music reverberates through the TARDIS. Rory and Amy are playing darts, the Doctor and {Y/N} stand at the console.

"Forty-six. Rubbishy, rubbishy, rubbish" Amy says.

"Hello? It's a double top" Rory says.

"Wrong side of the wire, mister."

"You're on the oche, Red" the scanner still cannot decide whether Amy is pregnant or not. The Doctor turns off the music.

"Who wants fish and chips?" the Doctor asks, Rory raises his hand.

"We'll drop you both off. Take your time. Don't rush."

"Er, and you two?" Rory asks.

"Things to do. Things involving other things" the Doctor says.

"Well, we'll stay with you. We'll do the other things" Amy says.

"Nope," the Doctor says.

"Whatever you're both up to, I'd personally like to be a part of it. What?" Amy asks an alarm blares, then everyone gets thrown around.

"Solar tsunami. Came directly from your sun. A tidal wave of radiation. Big, big, big!" {Y/N} says siding along the glass floor and trying to keep a hold of the console.

"Oh Doctor, {Y/N}, my tummy's going funny" Rory says.

"Well, the gyrator disconnected. Target tracking is out" {Y/N} says as the TARDIS heads for Earth.

"Assume the position!" the Doctor shouts, Rory looks around for a moment before he and Amy put their heads between their knees, then it all goes still, the Doctor and {Y/N} get up from the floor "textbook landing" they all walk outside "behold a cockerel! Love a cockerel."

"And underneath, a monastery. Thirteenth century" {Y/N} says.

"Oh, we've gone all mediaeval" Amy says.

"I'm not sure about that" Rory says.

"Really? Mediaeval expert, are you?" Amy asks.

"No, it's just that I can hear Dusty Springfield" Rory replies, the Doctor and {Y/N} inspect a hole in the ground with a pipe running through it. The pipe is labelled Danger Corrosive.

"These fissures are new. Solar tsunami sent out a huge wave of gamma particles. This is caused by a magnetic quake that occurs just before the wave hits" {Y/N} says.

"Well, the monastery's standing," Amy says, the Doctor takes a snow globe out of his pocket and shakes it.

"Yeah, for now," he says.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, look," Rory says.

"Yeah. It's a supply pipe. Ceramic inner lining. Something corrosive. They're pumping something nasty off this island to the mainland" {Y/N} says.

"my mum's a massive fan of Dusty Springfield," Rory says.

"Who isn't? Right, let's go. Satisfy our rabid curiosity" the Doctor says.

"So where are these Dusty Springfield loving monks, then?" Amy asks.

"I think we're here. This is it" {Y/N} says.

"{Y/N}, what are you talking about? We've never been here before" Rory says.

"Hmm?"

"We came here by accident," Amy says.

"Accident? Yes, I know. Accident."

"Ow!" Rory starts shaking his hand.

"Acid. They're pumping acid off this island. That's old stuff. Fresh acid, you wouldn't have a finger" the Doctor says.

"Intruder alert. Intruder alert."