The Doctor's Wife Pt. 5

"How's he going to be able to take down the shields anyway? The House is in the control room" the Doctor says.

"I directed him to one of the old control rooms."

"There aren't any old control rooms. They were all deleted or remodelled" {Y/N} says.

"I archive them, for neatness. I've got about thirty now" Idris replies.

"But we've only changed the desktop, what, a dozen times?" the Doctor asks.

"So far, yes."

"You can't archive something that hasn't happened yet."

"You can't."

---

"What happened to the lights?" Amy asks.

"The lights are fine. Oh, it's messing with our heads again. Ok, stay there a second."

"What is it? What?"

"Just hang on."

"Don't leave me. I can hardly see, you idiot" Rory goes round the corner into a bright light.

"Argh."

"Rory? Rory?"

"It's ok, I'm fine. Come towards my voice."

"What happened? Where are you?"
"I just banged my head. Just keep coming. Reach out your hand" Amy walks past Rory lying unconscious on the floor and touches the Oods tentacles. She screams, the lights come up and Rory comes to her.

"This way. Come on, run!"

---

"Keep going. You're doing it, you sexy thing!" the Doctor shouts.

"See, you do both call me that. Is it my name?"

"You bet it's your name" {Y/N} grins.

"Whoo!"

---

"I can see now, Rory. I can see" Amy says.

"It was the Ood thing, the Nephew and it's still coming."

"I know. So where is this place?" they come to a dead end.

"This is where she told me to go. She said she'd send me the passkey. Ow!"

"Crimson. Eleven. Delight. Petrichor."

"Petrichor?" Amy asks.

"What do I do? Do I say it? Crimson. Eleven. Delight. Petrichor. I said it" Rory says.

"Petrichor. Petrichor" Amy mutters.

"I said it."

"Petrichor. She told you what it meant. The smell of wet dust, remember? So, oh, it's the meaning, not the word" Amy says.

"The meaning of what?"

"The TARDIS interface is telepathic. You don't say it, you think it" Amy replies, the Ood is at the far end of the corridor.

"It's coming," Rory says.

"Quiet. Crimson. Eleven. Delight. The smell of dust after rain. Crimson, eleven, delight, the smell of dust after rain. Crimson, eleven, delight, the smell of dust after rain" Amy pictures a flag, a birthday cake, her wedding, a raindrop falling into dust. The door opens and they walk into the old control room "what is this place? Another control room?"

"Right, shields. Got it."

---

"They did it. Shields down" Idris says.

---

"How did you find this place? It's not on my internal schematics. I had hoped you two could join Nephew as my servants. But you two are nothing but trouble. Nephew, kill them" Rory gets another painful telepathic message.

"We're coming through. Get out of the way or you'll be atomised!" Idris shouts.

"Where are you coming through?"

"I don't know."

"Oh, great. Thanks."

---

The console is closing on the TARDIS.

"It's not going to hold!" Idris shouts.

---

"Hold on," Rory says, the console materialises in a shower of sparks, the Doctor, {Y/N} and Idris are on the floor.

"Doctor, {Y/N}," Amy says.

"Not good. Not good at all. How do you walk around in these things?" Idris asks.

"We're not quite there yet. Just hold on" {Y/N} says holding onto Idris.

"Amy, this is, well, she's our TARDIS. Except she's a woman. She's a woman, and she's our TARDIS" the Doctor says.

"She's the TARDIS?"

"And she's a woman. She's a woman and she's the TARDIS."

"Did you wish really hard?" Amy asks

"Shut up. Not like that" the Doctor says.

"Hello. I'm... Sexy."

"Oh. Still, shut up."

"The environment has been breached. Nephew, kill them all."

"Where's Nephew?" Rory asks.

"He was standing right where you materialised," Amy says.

"Ah. Well, he must have been redistributed" {Y/N} says.

"Meaning what?"

"You're breathing him."

"Oh, come on."

"Another Ood we failed to save," the Doctor says.

"Doctor, {Y/N}. I did not expect you both."

"Well, that's us all over, isn't it? Lovely old unexpected us" {Y/N} says as her and the Doctor walk around the old console.

"The big question is, now you're here, how to dispose of you two? I could play with gravity" they get pulled to the floor for a few seconds, Idris gasps and stays on the ground Rory goes to her "or I could evacuate the air from this room and watch you choke" everyone starts gasping for air.

"You really don't want to do that!" the Doctor shouts.

"Why shouldn't I just kill you now?"

"Because then we won't be able to help you. Listen to your engines. Just listen to them. You don't have the thrust and you know it. Right now, we're your only hope for getting out of your little bubble through the rift, and into our universe. And ours is the one with the food in it!" {Y/N} says, pulling herself up with the console "you just have to promise not to kill us. That's all, just promise."

"You can't be serious," Amy says.

"I'm very serious. I'm sure it's an entity of its word" {Y/N} says.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, she's burning up. She's asking for water" Rory says, {Y/N} walks over.

"Hey. Hang in there, old girl. Not long now. It'll be over soon" {Y/N} whispers.

"I always liked it when you both call me old girl," Idris says.

"You want me to give my word? Easy. I promise."

"Fine. Ok. I trust you. Just delete, oh er, thirty percent of the TARDIS rooms, you'll free up thrust enough to make it through. Activate subroutine Sigma nine" the Doctor says.

"Why would you tell me this?"

"Because we want to get back to our universe as badly as you do. And I'm nice."

"Yes. I can delete rooms. And I can also rid myself of vermin if I delete this room first. Thank you, Doctor. Very helpful. Goodbye, Time Lords. Goodbye, little humans. Goodbye, Idris" there's a bright light. The TARDIS returns to normal space with an empty console room. Then the five of them appear in it.

"Yes. I mean, you could do that, but it just won't work. Hardwired fail-safe. Living things from rooms that are deleted are automatically deposited in the main control room. But thanks for the lift."

---

~Bread 🍞