Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

"It'll work out eventually, 'Mionie." Ron soothed. "The Ministry is sending its best Auror's on the case."

Hermione let out a long sigh.

"I know. I'm just worried about you and everyone else. In fact, I'm going to take a few days off of work so I can keep an eye on you when you get home, Harry."

Harry immediately began to panic, thinking about Snape.

"That's really not necessary." He interjected quickly.

"Of course it is!" She exclaimed.

"I... um... could I talk to you for a second?" Harry asked, nervously glancing around the room. "Alone?"

There were several protests, but Hermione cut them off by placing silencing charms around herself and Harry. The voices were instantly cut off.

"Go on then." She said expectantly.

"Er, right." Harry began awkwardly. "It's just... you know that guy we've been taking about?"

"The one you're in a secret relationship with?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"No!" Harry sputtered. "It's just, he's uh, moving. Yeah. And he needed a place to stay for a few weeks, so I offered him a room at Grimauld Place. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to keep an eye on me."

Hermione frowned.

"I see." She responded simply.

"Hermione, please. I can't tell you who he is right now. But I know he'll keep me safe. I.... I trust him."

"Fine, Harry. I won't tell anyone. For the moment."

Harry let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, Hermione."

She lowered the silencing spell, and they were instantly greeted by angry protests.

"Harry!" Ron exclaimed, looking hurt. "I can't believe you did that!"

"Oh, for Merlin's sake, Ron!" Hermione snapped. "It was just a medical question he was embarrassed about!"

The protests died immediately, and Ron glanced down at the ground.

"Oh." Was all he said.

Hermione turned to face Harry again.

"Molly wants you at the Burrow on March 1st. We're celebrating Ron's birthday."

Ron quickly cut in.

"Only if you feel up to it, Mate. You got hit with a pretty rough spell...."

"No. It's fine." Harry reassured him. "I'll be there."

At that moment, a healer burst in, and demanded that everyone needed to leave so Harry could get his rest. There were a chorus of grumbles, but no one protested.

Harry quickly said his goodbyes, and not even ten minutes later, he was fast asleep.

*****