Chapter Fourteen

Note: Happy Thanksgiving! Here's a nice long chapter for you. Thanks for reading!

Dear Mr. Potter,

I am afraid it is not really your concern if I am safe or not. I am
more than capable of taking care of myself.

I chose to reveal myself to you, because you were correct with your previous statement. You are not the Ministry. I had hoped that you would stop your incessant rambling if I revealed that I was alive. Of course, I appear to have been wrong. It seems that nothing I do or say will deter you. How foolish of me to make such assumptions.

I sent you proof that I was alive because I know that you will not turn me in to the Ministry. You have your dreadful hero complex, so I know you would be the last person to do so. Besides, you don't exactly seem to be on great terms with Kingsley. I hardly think he'd believe you if you claimed that I was alive. He doesn't seem to believe you about anything else, after all.

Sincerely,

Severus Snape

*****

Dear Severus Snape,

I don't have a hero complex. But you're right. I would never turn you in. Maybe I would, if the Ministry wasn't so hostile towards you, but the fact is, you'd be sent to Azkaban if I ever breathed a single word about you.

I wish that you didn't have to hide, and I really wish that you'd let me try to clear your name. But if you really want me to leave the issue, then I will.

I know that you want me to stop contacting you, but I can't do that. I need to know that you're okay.

No one else knows that you're alive. I don't care how introverted you are, you're going to get lonely eventually if you never talk to anyone. You'll start to lose your mind if you're completely alone, and I'm not going to let that happen. Maybe it's because of my "hero complex", or maybe I feel like I owe it to you, but I'm not going to stop contacting you. You can try to stop me, but I'm not budging on this matter.

My previous promise still stands. If you stop replying to my letters, I WILL go find you myself, and I highly doubt that you want that.

Sincerely,

Harry Potter

******

Harry thought about the letters all day.

Would Snape respond? Would he be angry that Harry wouldn't leave him alone?

For some reason, Harry really didn't want their conversations to end, even if they were fairly one sided. He didn't want Snape to be alone. No one deserved that.

Harry sighed, and looked at his dark purple potion, which was supposed to be a light green.

He was horribly distracted by his own thoughts, and kept butchering his work, even under Draco's supervision.

Draco was beginning to become annoyed at his lack of focus.

"Honestly, Harry. Why do I even bother coming over to teach you if you're not going to pay attention?"