Chapter Twenty Two

Notes: Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I hope Santa brings you everything you want, and that you get to spend a ton of time with your family!

Thanks for reading!

Harry woke up, his head pounding. He groaned, rubbed the crust out of his eyes, and tried to remember what had happened last night. He blinked once, then blearily glanced around the room.

Wait.

Where was he?

And why did it smell so good? Merlin, the sheets smelled like dried flowers and mint and....oh.

Harry jolted up in bed, half expecting his ex Potions Professor to be sound asleep next to him. When he found the bed empty, he immediately relaxed.

However, only a few seconds later, he began to panic again.

Why exactly was he in Snape's bed? What had happened last night? Had...had something happened between him and Snape?

Wait.

Why would anything have happened between him and Snape? His clothes were still on, and Snape would never do anything, right? Wait! Why did it matter what Snape would do? He would never do anything with Snape! He didn't even find him attractive! Besides, even if he did, and he didn't, Snape would never let anything happen.

He let out a deep breath.

Nothing had happened. He was fine.

Groaning, he pushed himself out of bed and tried to mentally prepare himself for Snape's wrath.

He changed out of his old clothes and into new ones, then brushed his teeth and splashed a few drops of Cologne onto his wrists. He figured Snape would be less upset if he pulled himself together and got rid of the stench of alcohol.

It was in that moment, that Harry decided to make a promise to himself.

No more getting drunk. Maybe a few drinks at parties and pub nights, but that was it. Nothing good came out of getting drunk, and his pounding headache was current reminder of that.

After brushing his hair, Harry made his way downstairs into the kitchen. Snape was currently sitting at the kitchen table, a newspaper in hand. He did not look up when Harry entered the room.

Without saying anything, Harry brewed a cup of tea and added two spoonfuls of sugar. He gently placed the mug in front of Snape, who still refused to look at him.

There was an awkward moment of silence as Harry leaned against the kitchen counter, carefully regarding the man in front of him.

Snape found it incredibly unnerving to have Harry staring at him. He eventually slammed the newspaper down onto the table, then raised his furious black eyes to meet Harry's calm green ones.

"What do you want, Potter?" He snapped. "Talk, or get out. I have better things to do than this."

Harry didn't drop his gaze, though he did look somewhat disappointed.

"It was just that I....well, I was wondering if you were hungry...."

Snape's glare intensified.

"No. I am not."

"Sir...."

"Don't."

"I'm sorry."

Snape's head shot up as he stared at Harry, a perplexed expression on his face. He didn't think he had ever heard Potter apologize before.