Chapter Two

Harry arrived at Hogwarts the following morning. He was pleasantly surprised to see Ron waiting for him.

"Ron!" Harry greeted, pulling his best friend into a hug. "It's good to see you."

Ron smiled for the first time in weeks.

"You too, Harry. Hermione said it was about time I pulled myself together and started helping, and I realized that she's right."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. I know it was a rough few weeks, but I really am glad that you're here."

Ron looked pleased by Harry's words, and he beamed proudly.

"Besides, I desperately need help rebuilding the Potions lab." Harry added.

"Sorry mate, but McGonagall already assigned me to Great Hall with Neville and Luna." Ron replied, shrugging apologetically.

"Oh." Harry said, shoulders slumping in disappointment. "Do you think McGonagall will assign me a partner?"

As if on cue, McGonagall appeared next to them.

"Harry, a word please?" She asked, indicating that they should move somewhere more private.

Harry glanced at Ron.

"I'll see you later, yeah? Maybe we can go get some dinner after this?"

Ron nodded, smiling brightly at the prospect of doing something normal again, and Harry left with McGonagall.

Once they were out of earshot of the other students and professors,  McGonagall stopped walking and turned to face Harry.

"It's nice to see Mr. Weasley smiling again. It's been far too long." She commented.

"Yeah. I didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw him. I'm glad he's doing better."

McGonagall nodded curtly.

"As am I. Now, I have something I wish to discuss with you."

Harry tilted his head sideways, green eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"Sure. What is it?"

"As you know," McGonagall began, "Draco Malfoy had his trial a few days ago. Thanks to your statement, he was sentenced to community service, instead of a lifetime in Azkaban. He is coming to work here for the summer. I know that the two of you don't always get along, but the other students are.... well, quite honestly, they're frightened of him. I would like for the two of you to work on building the potion section of Hogwarts. That includes  the classrooms, labs, offices, storage rooms, and whatever else may need to be done. It's a large responsibility, but I'm fairly certain that the two of you will be able to handle it."

Harry barely resisted the urge to groan out loud.

Great. Working with Draco Malloy. That's just what he needed right now.

Instead, he forced a pleasant smile on his face and said,

"That's fine, of course. We never got along well in the past, but that was in the past. We're both legal adults now, and it's time we learn to overcome our differences. Besides, maybe he can help me convince the Ministry that Snape wasn't guilty."

McGonagall winced slightly upon hearing Snape's name. Though she hid it well, she was still grieving her colleague's death.

"Yes, that would be another positive outcome for the situation. I do hope we get his name cleared."

Harry didn't miss the way that her face fell as she spoke about Snape, and he shot her a grim smile.

"We'll clear his name eventually." He promised. "It just might take awhile."