Chapter Thirty Three

Blaise and Pansy entered Harry's hospital room the next day. They appeared tense and tired, and Harry shot Draco a questioning look.

Draco leaned in close to his ear and whispered,

"They had a fight about Pansy reporting. Blaise is worried she'll end up getting hurt."

Harry nodded, and Draco quickly pulled away.

Pansy shot a tense smile and Harry, and placed a vase of flowers next to his bed.

"Hey savior." She greeted quietly, and Harry mentally cringed at the nickname.

"Pansy. Zabini." He replied tiredly.

"Did the healer say when you'll be able to go home?" Pansy asked, sitting down on the edge of his bed.

"Yeah, they said if everything looks okay, I should be able to go home in a few hours."

Pansy nodded, not quite meeting his eyes.

"Pans, were you hurt?" Draco asked, leaning towards her with a concerned expression.

Pansy rolled her eyes as she leaned back against the bed railing.

"Honestly, Draco. I'm fine. I don't know why everyone's been asking me that lately."

Draco frowned.

"You do have a rather large gash on the side of your face..."

She waved her hand dismissively.

"That wasn't from the attack. I just was klutzy as always, and tripped and scraped my face. Nothing to worry about."

Draco looked unconvinced, but said nothing else about the matter. Blaise stood in the corner of the room, his body straight and rigid, saying nothing. Harry found the whole situation somewhat awkward, and tried not to fidget uncomfortably.

Luckily, they were saved by Ron and Hermione entering the room. Harry let out a sigh of relief.

"Ron!" He exclaimed, trying to sit up.

Draco roughly pushed him back, shooting him a glare as he did so.

"What did I say about sitting up?" He muttered.

Harry rolled his eyes and leaned back. Ron and Hermione smiled brightly at him.

"How ya feeling, Mate?" Ron questioned.

Harry winced.

"Sore." He responded truthfully.

Ron's smile fell, and Harry regretted saying anything.

"Look, Harry, I'm really sorry. It's my fault you got hurt, and-"

"That's enough, Ron." Harry said firmly, cutting him off. "It's not your fault."

Ron nodded, though he still appeared guilty.

"Sorry I haven't been in to see you yet, Harry." Hermione said, looking somewhat guilty herself. "I was just really worried about Ron and-"

"It's fine, Hermione. Really."

Hermione nodded, and sat down in a chair next to Draco.

"Did you ever see a healer, Draco?" She questioned.

Draco tensed, then nodded.

"It was just a dislocated shoulder. I'm alright now."

Hermione sniffed, and there was a moment of silence.

"It's just so terrible!" She finally burst out, causing several people to jump. "I mean, Harry already won. We shouldn't be dealing with Death Eaters again!"