Chapter One

Note:

Hello everyone! This is my first Harry Potter fic and I'm super excited! I try to update at least once a week, but no promises, as life can get busy.

Special Thank You to my Editor, DanaHatesYou2

DISCLAIMER: Throughout this fic I may use prompts that I've found on tumblr or various other websites. I am in no way claiming that these prompts are my own, or stealing them. Harry Potter and Harry Potter characters belong to J.K Rowling.

(This fic was originally posted on A03 and has been modified since its original posting)

Thanks for reading!

It was a month after the war

Harry was being celebrated as a war hero, though he didn't particularly feel like one. Since when did killing people make you a hero?

"Oh, but the Death Eaters are monsters!" People would say.

That may be true, but as they say, it takes a monster to kill a monster, and Harry felt sick just thinking about all of the monsters he had killed.

The four weeks after the war had been chaotic, and honestly, Harry didn't remember much.

He remembered going to funeral after funeral, not really feeling anything but numbness.

He attended Remus's and Tonk's combined funeral with Andromeda Tonks, and his godson Teddy.

Hermione had talked about how brave Remus had been, and how he was an example of why the anti-werewolf laws shouldnt be passed. Harry wasn't sure how he felt about Hermione turning the situation into a political statement, but he definitely wasn't thrilled.

He wasn't sure what Remus would have thought about it either, but the man had been so laid back, Harry didn't think he would have minded all that much. If it meant freeing other innocent werewolves, Remus probably would have been all for it.

Professor McGonagall had asked Harry to say a few words during the funeral, but he found himself unable to speak, so he left abruptly.

Of course, the articles in The Daily Prophet accused him of being "Anti Werewolf" after the whole situation, so he stopped reading the newspapers altogether. He had never really cared what people were saying about him anyway.

After Remus and Tonks' funeral, Harry went to Fred's a day later. He could not bear to face the Weasley family, so he hid under his invisibility cloak the entire time. He sat in the back, watching in horror as George sobbed over a black casket.