Chapter 20: Busy Days

Magsimula sa umpisa

“When will you start believing me whenever I say that?” I asked her.

She stuck her tongue out at me. “Where are my cookies?” she let go of me and took her cookies when I pointed them to her. She sat down and munched on her cookies. She looked up to me while holding on to a cookie. “Hindi mo ako iiwan kahit sobrang dambuhala at pangit ko na?”

“Hindi ka nga pangit, ang kulit. At kahit pumangit pa tingin mo sa sarili mo, ikaw pa rin ang pinakamaganda sa paningin ko,” I told her and sat beside her.

“Bolero forevs,” she said them took a bite on her cookie.

“Penge ako,” I told her, pertaining to her cookies which she’s happily eating like a little kid.

“Yoko,” she stuck her tongue out at me, again, and moved the plate away from me. She mischievously smiled at me and brought the plate back near me and offered me the cookies. “Joke lang, say ah,” as she raised the cookie to my mouth. I happily did so and took a bit from her cookie.  I smiled at her silliness.

“I missed you,” I told her.

“I missed you too,” she said with bit of cookies on her teeth. I smiled at my love’s childishness.

***

I arrived at the gym a little bit early for practice but I’m not the only one. My other teammates are already here, Ahia  Jeff, Ahia Paul, Ahia Chris and Raymond. They were shooting hoops when I reached the court.

“Aga niyo yata?” I said when I reached them.

“Extra kayod, semi finals against Talk N’ Text na kaya,” Ahia Chris said then threw the ball from the three-point area. Pasok.

“Eh si Jeric, extra kayod kasi magigigng tatay na,” Raymond commented while dribbling on the side. His comments earned banters for Jeric.

“Siyempre naman. Kailangan prepared,” I retorted back.

“How’s Anna?” Ahia Jeff asked. He stood beside me and handed me the ball.

“She’s fine though extra fragile and delicate. Her pregnancy is not usual,” I told him.

“Naku patay! Eh di tigang ka pala ilang buwan na,” Ahia Paul bantered which made everyone laugh.

I just shook my head, “Hindi naman. I just want her and the baby safe and healthy.” I dribbled the ball and took a jump shot. The shot went in.

“Naks naman, nahiya naman kami sayo,” Raymond said. “Swerte mo nga eh, maganda si Anna. Kahit buntis na blooming pa rin.”

“Oo nga, when my wife got pregnant she was so fat. Her legs were bloated parang troso,” Ahia Paul added.