thirty seven

Madison's POV

After Gage and myself put the groceries away, we went outside and talked about what we would be discussing with my brother when he returned.

Gage: I'm glad you want to help her out like this Maddie but we have a baby on the way, we will have to get a bigger place...are you sure you're ready to move again?

Madison: I have thought long and hard about this Gage and I am positive that this is something that I want to do. Katie doesn't have anywhere else to go, you and I both know that baby...

Gage: I know that but we know nothing about her Madison...

Madison: If we decide to do this then I promise that I will find out things about her and maybe I can find her parents or other living relatives, I'm not going to do this if you don't want to.

Gage: I want to help her just like you do so yes Maddie this is something that I want to do, but we need to find out things about her before we agree to take her in our house.

Madison: I am sure that my brother will help me out with looking for her family and any public records about Katie. We will talk once he gets back.

Gage: I trust you Madison and love you.

Madison: I love you too Gage.

After Jake returned...me, him and Gage sat down and discussed what me and Gage planned on doing, which we be to allow Katie to remain staying here.

Jake: you're doing a great thing for that girl but there is alot of paperwork involved and not to mention trying to find any living relatives, have you talked to her about anyone she might be kin to?

Madison: yes the day I invited to come with us she said that nobody would help her out.

Jake: well since you two are the only people who agreed to take care of her, I will have to get the paperwork for you both.

Gage: would it be possible for you to try and find out any information about her before me and Madison sign any legal documents?

Jake: what type of information?

Madison: birth records, health problems, stuff like that...

Jake: why sure but I would like to find any relative that could be living and speak with them first, it would be easier to get things like that from them.

Gage: I hate to be rude but it's getting late...

Jake: right well I should head home than, have a good night you two...I will call you as soon as I find anything about your house guest Madison.